Mark Sanderson - Why Is the Newest GB Member Suddenly So Prominent?

by Oubliette 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

' The mere-exposure effect is a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle...In studies of interpersonal attraction, the more often a person is seen by someone, the more pleasing and likeable that person appears to be. '...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Quiet One, that is an interesting article on the " mere-exposure effect." Thanks for sharing!

• L3G
    L3G

konceptual99 has hit the nail on the head--nice insight!

One thought I can share from my active days. Once the changes began in earnest after the big "apostasy" of the early 1980s, as things moved so that Jaracz put himself in charge, I asked a old bro. who'd been highpowered in the borg why the other GB members let Jaracz run the show. His answer was insightful. He said that when one gets really old, one just wants the younger men to take care of matters. It was easier that way for the for the older ones. At that time Jaracz was the youngest man on the GB.

Now who's the youngest one today?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

regarding the full page ad, featuring him in the july 15 watchtower magazine... I also noticed this, along with the fact that they were introducing a possible rapture for the annointed. While we were enduring the meeting at the local KH, I couldnt help myself... I drew hearts all around his picture. Something about him, made me just want to love this guy! underneath the photo, I wrote, "he wants to be raptured!"

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Now that I think of it, I sorta wish I had left my magazine under the chair, so someone there could have seen all my notes in the margins. Oh well, spilled milk...

• ohnightdivine
  • ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I never liked that guy. Saw him a few times in the past up close.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Could Mark Sanderdon be gay? Sorry, i don't meen this in a rude way. But my Gay recognize sonar is buzzing.

• cedars
    cedars

Gorbatchov

Could Mark Sanderdon be gay? Sorry, i don't meen this in a rude way. But my Gay recognize sonar is buzzing.

I don't know about Sanderson, but I have my suspicions about the guy at 05:55...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5KBYZEcuk

Cedars

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So is the raised profile of the GB members simply a by product of the WTS using nooooo meja more or a concerted effort to embed the Band of Eight as recognisable figures of authority deserving of extra reverence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit