Mark Sanderson - Why Is the Newest GB Member Suddenly So Prominent?

by Oubliette 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I've noticed something that is very odd even by WT/GB standards. Why is Mark Sanderson suddenly so prominent in all things WT/JW?

Others have commented on the obvious narcissism of the GB pushing themselves to the fore recently, in particular after their huge doctrinal change at proclaiming themselves and only themselves as the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

This is clearly true as evidenced at the AGM, not only throughout the AGM, but also in the video that was featured as part of that meeting. What put it over the top for me was the new World Headquarters—History Is Being Written video.

In that video, Mark Sanderson is the first person we see. He makes his appearance a scant 11 seconds into this featurette. As I recall, he was also the first talking head in the Bible history video shown during the AGM Governing Body worship-fest. And although Guy Pierce was the GB member that opened the AGM, he seemed to be acting more as the Chairman of the proceedings. Mark Sanderson was the first speaker!

Sanderson was also the GB member that made the Special Announcement to the Bethel Family during "Morning Worship" July 18, 2013 concerning the Warwick project.

What's up with this?

Why is the newest kid on the block being placed so prominently? It sure doesn't seem very humble or modest to me!

What are your theories?

Oubliette

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............................. Mark Sanderson is the only one who can Hula Properly at a WBT$ Assembly..

photo 36981-shot.gif photo 36981-shot.gif

............................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know, Jackson was the one who got to release the new Bible.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Respectfully, I think you're looking too far into this. Couple things come to mind when thinking about Bro. Sanderson being so visible all of a sudden. Could be because he's younger and not as entrenched with other responsibilities already being handled by other GB members and their assistants. As he result he might not be as tired and has more time to be present in these situations. Could also be because he's so new and maybe not as familiar to the friends as say, Bro. Splane. So the GB sees fit to make him more visible so that the friends can familiarize themselves with him. I don't think this indicates a lack of humility or modesty.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

- SFPW: I don't think this indicates a lack of humility or modesty.

Of course you don't. No surprise there!

• cantleave
    cantleave

All GB are creeps - paedophile covering jerks who deserve respect. They are important only to the stupid fools who follow them and their ridiculous god.

• losingit
    losingit

What?! SFPW... the friends don't need to get used to seeing him! I remember when I was studying, the sister told me that JWs are not a cult because they don't even know who the Governing Body is. I thought this was a legitimate position, and I really do wish that the JWs had not changed their teaching about the FDS. I do not want to be worshiping 8 men! Jehovah and his Son, Jesus, are the only ones that should be getting any attention.

Second of all, I personally do not understand the enthusiasm about COs and DOs and Bethelites and the GB. Even the pioneers and the elders! Hellooooo... they are all PEOPLE, HUMAN BEINGS! Once I got over the flash-and-dash of the COs, I understood this completely. Why should prayers at KHs be just for these people? Makes no sense. Pray for the ones that need understanding, help, love, courage, empathy, kindness, shelter, food, clothing.

Mark Sanderson and the rest of the GB-- teach about Jesus Christ! Drop the whole FDS=Governing Body. Drop it! It's nonsense. And lunacy.

• losingit
    losingit

Stand for Pure Worship... For some reason, SFPW reminds me of.... STFU!

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Cause he is so photogenic

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Of course you don't. No surprise there!

Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen what happens when an elder or ministerial servant gets appointed? They usually get slammed with privileges. Accounts, sound, literature, territory, assisting older friends, moving people, parts, etc.. And dont let that brother be young and/or single! If I'm not mistaken, Sanderson isn't married, right? Plus he's younger than the rest of those serving on the GB. It makes sense to see him featured more than the others as of late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit