For those who are still IN and attending meetings, do you still study the WT & other books?

by ohnightdivine 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Good suggestion:

skipping THEIR questions,

because they are just indoctrination tools.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I sit and use the new Jw app on my phone, tbh I find it quite useful, what jgnat said about reading the context of verses quoted is very important, you quickly see misapplications . I like the Kingdom interlinear in the app too, gives the original Greek words, I often come up with something that doesn't fit right or translate well to check out later. And no one can have a go at you, it's the societies app! It's like making the truth your own, all over again, work out for yourself what you believe. Takes time my friend. I did the bible reading from the platform today, from my phone secreted inside my large reference bible. I was hoping to get told off but it didn't happen. .

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Why do my paragraphs not show up? I used paragraphs.

• Splash
    Splash

I never prepare for meetings unless I have a part, it takes too much of my valuable time.

I've always viewed the underlining of the WT as nothing more than a public display of self-righteousness. It certainly doesn't help you learn or memorise more.

Makes me laugh when I see one of those multi-coloured underlined WT's. Happy are those with a multi-coloured, highlighted WT, since the feeling of smug self satisfaction belongs to them.

Splash.

• prologos
    prologos

a speaker from the platform ridiculing the glow colour underliners:

" You could get a sunburn from them" leaving them redfaced of course,

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I did the bible reading from the platform today, from my phone secreted inside my large reference bible. I was hoping to get told off but it didn't happen.

Huh? Why? Were you reading the 1984 edition or the 2013 edition?

• fredPotato
    fredPotato

I'm still in.

I stopped studying the WT this year as it became unbearable to me to do so. The same applies to all other publications...

I just carefully surf the web during the meetings using my phone while covering it with either a magazine or a bible. I also go a lot more to get some water at the back of the KH, and when I do, I make sure to spend a while in there so time goes by faster...

It has been such a pain to go to the meetings these past months that I'm almost giving up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit