For those who are still IN and attending meetings, do you still study the WT & other books?

by ohnightdivine 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

For those of you who are still attending meetings due to various reasons, how do you prepare yourself for each program?

Do you still read and study the WT?

Do you still read and study the OKM, Jeremiah, etc?

What do you do during the entire meeting? Do you still strive to concentrate on the "discussion" or let your mind wander off aimlessly?

I find that I haven't really been interested in studying anymore, esp. the WT.. and just endure sitting at the hall thinking of other things.

Sometimes I just doodle (discreetly).

Two months ago I would have raised my hands at least twice to comment.

But since the 7/15 WT everything just went on a downward spiral for me...

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I only study read the wt according to Blondie

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I highlight the obvious lies/false doctrines/self-aggrandizement in red, and highlight Scriptural truths in green! Same with the KM!

For the Jeremiah book - which was based on a foundation of false parallels - I never studied it, I only highlighted certain things in case the microphone handlers reported me for not having prepared the material!!

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Around three years ago I began to research in earnest the origins of our JW beliefs - the Org. encourages everyone to understand their 'spiritual heritage.'

When I realized that most of our beliefs were borrowed from other religions and religious thinkers, I really began to pay attention to the current publications. For the first time in my life as a JW (40 years) I began to study - deconstructing the reasonings and 'logic' behind the argument.

It lead me right out of the 'truth'.

ginger

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I might need to start doing the same thing, gingerbread. So far I've been afraid to even read the WT again because I might be lured back to my cult personality again, especially when the contents offer some semblance of hope or happiness.

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

I haven't cracked a study book in forever. I love to go to the Sunday meeting and everyone pulls out their folded marked up WT and I pull out my obviously new never opened study copy. Also i have my bookbag open in my lap and have the magazine covering my phone so I can surf and text.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I only read my bible now and if I want to understand some things in it then I look up different bible commentaries online. WT, I just flick through to see if I'm able to stomach it or not at the next meeting. If not, I don't go. I miss almost all mid week meetings. I never comment. I follow along in the WT in a foreign language that I'm learning, it makes it more interesting and the time goes faster.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Yes I prepare for all the meetings, just done the WT for tomorrow. Like searcher said when you know TTATT you see it from a different perspective. Its actually quite entertaining how stupid some of the indoctrination is.

In para 7 and 14, they were really heavy about not listening to negative speech, and on the whole it was making JWs feel unworthy and imperfect.

I wil be making sure my son knows which parts are nonsense and we do maths during the public talk

hehehehehe

70wks....

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Ok, now let me find where my hard copy of the WT is... if I still haven't thrown it away with the other magazines. Hope I could survive another WT meeting tomorrow, without feeling any guilt.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Nope, but then again I wasn't ever good about studying in the first place. Now that I'm awake and desperately biding my time until I can leave, I couldn't stand to spend an extra minute on JW stuff that I don't have to, so no, no studying :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit