For those who are still IN and attending meetings, do you still study the WT & other books?

by ohnightdivine 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

the last few meetings i went to i took my holman christian study bible, used my bible app on my phone and spent most of the time doing research abot TTATT, driving the final nails in the coffin. Reading the WT or listening to the talks were starting to make me mad so i had to stop going altogether.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

OND,

I think you have made a good choice. If you keep your brain active and really understand why things are nonsense and can explain it in your own words when you exit you will more likely stay out for good.

I was a full on JW, now I am a full on Apostate soon to exit with fanfare. Thats me and what I need to deprogram. Everyone is different though. Do what is best for you without hurting others. Keep coming here to get advice. You migh find my recent thread interesting, take a look if you like.

Click on my name 70wksfyrs--------> then click at the top of the page Topics started------------> then click on "I want out, but I am still in"

Take care, I am off to the meeting now

All my warm love

70wks...... xxx

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Thank you all.

70wks.. you're right. And what you said about doing the best for myself without hurting others tugged at my heartstrings.

No matter how angry I am after learning TTATT, the last thing I'd want is to be hurtful to others, even to those I considered as friends.

If I become a worse person than I was, then it would be proving them that they are right.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

even when was mentally in i did noT like to study ad Prepare the meetings. now do noT open the WT material before the meetings, and when i am in the KH i let my mind "drift" far far away...

Sometimes however my wife insists on doing the wt study with me...I avoid this as much as possible but in order to soften things a little i do it with her.Only reading the paragraphs, reading the question and then reading the phrase linked to the question.no highlighting, no taking bible . I thought this wouuld bore her but she still says "i'm happy to Prepare my study with you"! amazing...

• Emery
    Emery

No, I just read other books and get my apostate reading in on my iPad. Funny how the holy spirit doesn't prevent me from bringing Satan's literature into the hall.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

I was EXTREMELY studious when I was younger. Now that I know its all lies, I don't do it anymore. Not at all. God, I thought I was the only one who wondered this.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

When we used to receive the WT subscription in the mail wrapped, I enjoyed taking my knife out and opening the magazines at the Sunday WT study. The schhhhhg of the knife always made a wonderful noise which often brought disapproving looks from those that had six ink marking colors in their personal study copy.

• prologos
    prologos

study the wt right away to mark the fresh light, nonsense parts. then wait for blondie's comments to second my moves,

I dont even bring the jeremiah book to the meetings, have notes in it from way back about where it stinks.

Meetings for me are meditating night, writing my notes in my wt size bound daily note book on cofti - related subjects.

watching the most beautiful lady in the hall

my wife.

• pronomono
    pronomono

I never started studying. I only did it when my parents would force me to. When I got married, my wife and I never studied together. She'd do her lesson by herself. On the rare occasion we would study, I wouldn't underline. An elder invited us over to their house to study a Wt one time. We went and participated, but I didn't underline anything.

Now I just take my tablet and Bible to all the meetings and sometimes highlight the answers during the lesson. That makes the meetings seem to go a lot faster.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's good mental exercise to take a critical look at the WT material. Use different colored highlighters as suggested to mark the bad reasoning. Look for words like "evidently" which are not. If they mention "some people" who are they really referring to? If they quote someone, check out the source and context. Also often, they put in an unrelated or poor-fitting verse. Read the bible verse, before and after for context.

I always have a blank notebook at the meeting to put in my own thoughts. Mentally I cannot follow along.

I would also follow a different pattern for reading the material, either skipping the questions altogether or reading them first. Reduce the number of times going over the material, which smacks of rote memorization, not thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit