Comprehensive NWT Comparison Project (calling all technically skilled members)

by Apognophos 223 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Apognophos,

Released... let's see if anything comes up. I had to do some converting from ANSI to Unicode because I need to capture all the punctuation marks:

But its going into the DB. Just need to get the new text now from the PDF then I have a basis for comparison.

This should be done processing by 5 PM eastern time.

MMM

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Hmmm... I may be getting throttled by the WT website.... I put a 3 second wait in between GET requests. I didn't want it to seem like a DOS attack...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, I was wondering if their site would have a problem with lots of fast queries. I'm sure they put some focus on security when designing it, considering their likelihood of being a target at some point.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

This is a fascinating thread and idea- thanks to you guys for working on this.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Thank you guys!! Great work! Keep it up!

Perhaps the program can be used for other comparisons!!?

That would be absolutely awesome!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Awesome. Looking forward to this! Side note - this could be used by those who know TTATT to help their family. Make it a family study fun night. Compare verses and discuss.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

This WILL be used for family study... you bet!! Great opportunity for TTATT... for example, the appendices make demonstrating JWFacts'

Does God's Name Jehovah Belong in the New Testament?

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/jehovah-new-testament.php

They want to have their cake and eat it too!

One appendix mentions how the Bible came to us, and the next one how the Bible manuscripts are corrupt!! Before this, you had to go to various sources to connect the dots!! Now it's easy!!

• Comatose
    Comatose

See kids the bible was copied word for word and gods Holy Spirit ENSURED that not even ONE mistake could have happened.

And over here kids, see how gods personal name was removed and then here how the bad scribes made these mistakes in translation where Jesus said you will be with me in paradise today theN the bad scribes said the word was god.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Apognophos,

Just an update: the web parse completed successfully. There are 1189 distinct book/chapter combos and 31,114 verse records total.

Now onto the PDF file.

MMM

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Excellent, thanks for all your work so far!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit