Comprehensive NWT Comparison Project (calling all technically skilled members)

by Apognophos 223 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Splash
    Splash

I agree with fastJehu, it's polite to say hello first!

In case you're in a hurry, one of the PDF's is here.

• pitpawten
    pitpawten

No doubt, my bad :)

I came across this site in a google search, and definitely pulled a drive-by posting to an old thread.

I'm a Christian who has been interested in the NWT off and on over the years. I worked with a JW and did a side-by-side comparison with him pointing out that all verses concerning the divinity of Jesus were changed.

Today I came across a post about the Queen James Version of the bible, and how a sum total of 8 verses were changed to support their specific doctrine, and it made me think if anyone had done the same with the NWT (that is catalog all the changes).

I stumbled here and was interested in the changes that they had made in the new version (I didnt even know it existed until this post).

I didnt find any comprehensive comparisons of how the NWT differs from the other "mainline" translations, so was interested in what was offered.

And by the way, as a bit of a Nerd myself, I should say great work to the guys who put this diff together, looks like lots of hard work.

Thanks for the PDF with the inline changes, hope the others are available still.

• pitpawten
    pitpawten

Hate to keep bumping, but I was really hoping for the side-by-side PDF of the two versions. Any other members happen to have this handy still?

Thanks.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am also looking for this PDF; I had it, can't find it.

Anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit