Thank you New World Bible Translation Committee for removing the words, "mentally diseased" from 1 Tim. 6:4

by AndersonsInfo 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Interesting how WT teachings , words, and articles can be eloquently used to condemn their own flawed teachings and practices. They no doubt read a letter like that and easily shrug it off but we and other doubters who read it see it as a searing hot beacon of light that exposes how fraudulent the WT and its leadership truely are.

Well done

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Thank you Barbara for standing up for what is right. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks for sharing Barbara!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thank you Barbara! Much love. :)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Wow Barbara, you are still being used by the Writing department.

I am surprised they removed the term mentally diseased from the Bible, as it was their justification for applying that term to apostates in the Watchtower. I wonder how this will affect some current court cases regarding this term in the Watchtower being hate speech.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

"current court cases" - wow - the community of dissenters certainly is diverse and has teeth!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Thanx for all that you do for the freedom of all.

We love you Barbara ......

clarity

• Simon
    Simon

The irony is, they are the ones that are obsessed with rules ... most of the people they label Apostates just want to be allowed to live their lives with their families without undue interference.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....................Barb is a Meanie!..

..I couldn`t Take another Beating from Her..

...............I changed the wording..

So she wouldn`t Show Up on my Door Step!..

..........http://www.jlw.dk/foto/staevne_2009ham_david_splane_7546x.jpg

photo thsmilie_happy_251.gif

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they were afraid that if they left that awful rendering untouched they would end up with a Law Suit of some sort that cost them.

The Crown Prosecution Service here in the U.K took a long look at the WT article based on that phrase to see if it contravened our laws, ( and therefore European laws) on publishing Hate Speech.

The WT got away with it that time, but what if their agents, Elders etc, were not so careful how they phrased things based upon it ?

They did this because of pressure from Barbara (our hero in so many ways) and others, Cantleave, for one, stirred the pot on this one here in the U.K

They did not suddenly have a shaft of light that gave them a better rendering, no, they decided Freddie Franz's odd and poisonous one was past its sell by date.

Well done all who forced them to change !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit