Thank you New World Bible Translation Committee for removing the words, "mentally diseased" from 1 Tim. 6:4

by AndersonsInfo 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

A welcome change indeed, though it will not improve JW tolerance of anyone else's beliefs nor will it change their attitude towards dissenters.

--sd-7

• latinthunder
    latinthunder

How are they going to justify their use of the term now that isn't in their Bible? Wow, they really think they are going to get away with it? That's funny.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thank you for sharing that Barbara.

It is interesting the change was made any time during the last 5 years they have been working on this, and yet the recent District Convention had no problem doubling down on the apostate hatred through similar speech and even the translation they now adjusted.

In fact, I would wager it is possible before that WT was even written, that the NWT comitee could have already made that change. It is not imaterial. It is very serious.

Sometimes over there the left hand does not seem to know what the right hand is doing.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

BTT

I still hear loyal jdubs refer to apostates, "mentally diseased". all PIMO's should point out that the term has been removed from the precious "grey sword".

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The latest JW Community podcast talks about how it came about. It was a good listen.

• Listener
    Listener

That was very amusing. They said in court that Steven Unthank was not an apostate and his website was not an apostate website. This meant hat he was not mentally diseased.

I would love to know more details of that court case if anyone has a link.

• zboubiz
    zboubiz

Please help me, I’m not sure I properly understand what was in the last JW community podcast (I’m French)...

Am I wrong or did he explained that the doctrinal change about the faithful slave (that it was not all the anointed on earth anymore but only the governing body) was caused by the threat of them losing their financial assets ?

If that’s the case, that’s truly amazing (even tho not surprising) !

I was already laughing at them for figuring out dozens of years late who was the real source of divine direction, but that... it’s a whole new level !

Please confirm or correct me !

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You are correct. The FDS were said to have been appointed over all his belongings in the publications (OM book) , even listing the physical material things as those belongings. So those things were all subject to lawsuit, as were the personal belongings of those of the FDS class that were said to be all of the anointed at the time. So by suing the FDS as a class the organization had to admit that there really was no such thing tangibly and they basically now say that the FDS is only the governing body and only when they meet together as a body. That lawsuit seems to have killed the FDS doctrine so they could protect their asses, I mean assets.

• cha ching
    cha ching

We really do need to thank all of the activists who have worked so hard, and hung in there for so many years, in all their different ways to promote a change in our culture.

Writers, You-Tubers,website supporters for ex-jw's, people who post court documents, people who post past JW articles compared with present, people who post news articles, people who stand up to WT, and take WT to court.

ALL are a part of the change. We need a change, and need to support all of these efforts.

Thank you Barbara Anderson, thank you Steven Unthank, thank you Simon, JWfacts, and all of you other hard workers! We appreciate you!

• zboubiz
    zboubiz

Ok thanks dubstepped.

Do I understand correctly the fact that it’s a specific law in Australia that permitted to charge the faithful slave class ? Cause the FDS has never been an legal entity, right ?

Or could any professed anointed (even the meaningless ones) be sued in almost any country, putting at risk all the belongings of the Watchtower ?

I couldn’t find a publication stating that they are the faithful slave only when they meet together as a body. Was it said only at the trial or is it printed somewhere ?

Sorry if I missed that...

The whole thing is truly amazing and crazy. Was it known before or was it revealed in the podcast ? Cause I never heard of it before.

Thanks for your hard work Steven and Barbara !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit