So, the (N)NWT is gray in color?

by undercover 14 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Okay, perusing the threads about the special meeting and new Bible, I see that the new bible is gray.

Gray? Really? Gray? As in - Dull? Uninspired? Depressing?

Oh well, I guess it is fitting. As a religion in general, the WTS and JWs are dull, uninspired and depressing...

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was thinking today that anybody not using the new bible can be now easily identified. I can't help but think that is part of the thinking.

• scary21
    scary21

I like the gray...in fact gray is one of my favorite colors...lol What I don't like is a bright green bible on my shelves, it does not go with my decor.

I think the only good looking book they ever made was " The greatest Man " IMHO Sherry

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Yeah, I think it is used to give "distinction" to JW's (It seems that its kind of "hipster-esque" to try to make one stand out). I really do like the new Bible translation, imo EXCEPT for a couple of changes sneakily added in. But it is all the plasticity of language that is the ultimate downfall.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Canada Post, when it rejigged its visual identity years ago, went with red, blue, and grey. We quickly found out that grey scuffs easily. It shows. Brown on grey.

A little more effective was covering it's mailboxes with their own advertising...to dissuade graffiti artists.

Mailbox

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

You're right, jgnat, I can see these covers quickly looking soiled. As soon as I got mine, I was already "seeing" smudges from certain angles that turned out to be my imagination. Perhaps they can be wiped off with a damp cloth, though I'm not sure what kind of material this is.

• sir82
    sir82

I rather like the color -- it's more of a silvery gray.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Time will tell, but personally I REALLY like the new "Grey" Bible. The gold on the Deluxe Bibles in the past really did wear off and smudge alot. And not much good can be said about the paper-back Bibles we have been using.

The new one does have a hint of industrial strength about it. Only time will tell.

Rub a Dub

• hoser
    hoser

I was thinking today that anybody not using the new bible can be now easily identified. I can't help but think that is part of the thinking.

just like the day Homer Simpson wore his pink shirt to work!

• Island Man
    Island Man

I like the grey color. But you know something: colors have symbolic meanings. What does grey symbolize? Ever heard the expression 'a grey area?'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit