So how exactly did this "new translation" come to be?

by sir82 79 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Your welcome to disagree_____Jeffro

Duly noted Jeffro

The real problem lies on how they explain these translations and mislead the sheep

• wasblind
    wasblind

The problem apologist have, is that the Society keeps 'em to busy to read their own literature

• Listener
    Listener

They made it clear at the start of the AGM that there would be plenty of new light presented at the meeting. That new light was the revised translation.

By their own words new light can only be developed by the GB members working together as a team.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Oh by the way, I know without a doubt that while I was in the writing department, None of the governing body researched and wrote any of the articles and books the society published."____Barbara Anderson

Wonderment,

I have no doubt at all in the things Barbara say. She's a trusted source. But accordin' to the Boys in Brooklyn

they claim they got spiritual food from God not the writin' dept. LOL

Thanks to Barbara, we know the GB are full of bunk

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Thus what is taught is not from men but from jehovah writing dept. " ______Sept 15, 2010 wt para 8 page 13

Uninspired that is ...............

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

wasblind:

You are so right that the Society claims the "anointed" feeds the domestics, creating the impression that they themselves do the work of composing all written material. Most everything points to the Writing Dpt. as responsible for that. However, the mighty GB does set the pace for the whole organization.

My point was, that so many here and elsewhere make the common misktake of trying to find individual GB members with scholarly degrees with claims of their publications meeting quality requirements of the bery best, such as the NWT.

I believe that the Writing Dpt. works with the GB who secretly decides who's going to be in the Translation Committee. Governing Body members may or may not be part of such process. It is not unreasonable to believe they would reach out for individuals with knowledge in a specific linguistic field to tackle whatever needs to be done. With a united goal, there is no reason why a Witness with expertise in a certain field cannot work with the Writing Dpt, or the GB to accomplish a translation revision.

The Society have said that they have thousands of contributors in the translation work working closely with the New York headquarters. That said, these contributors could live in Israel or Greece or elsewhere. Is a futile effort to find the scholarly background of each of these contributors.

• wasblind
    wasblind

My point was, that so many here and elsewhere make the common mistake of trying to find individual GB members with scholarly degrees with claims of their publications meeting quality requirements of the very best, such as the NWT_____Wonderment

I don't know who holds what degree. But trust

We have not been mistaken. The WTS has stated that the NWT was translated by Anointed witnesses of Jehovah

The GB claims to be of that class

And have led folks to believe that they were guided by God to actually translate the NWT from Hebrew , Aramic, and greek

and therefore meet all quality requirements

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION

Definition: A translation of the holy scriptures made directly from Hebrew, Aramic, and Greek into modern-day english by a committee of anointed witnesses of Jehovah. These expressed themselves regaurding thier work as follows: " The translators of this work, who fear and love the Divine Author of the Holy scriptures, feel toward Him a special responsibility to transmit his thoughts and declarations as accurately as possible. They also feel a responsibility toward searching readers who depend upon a translation of the inspired Word of the Most High God for thier everlasting salvation." This translation was originally released in sections, from 1950 to 1960. editions in other languages have been based on the English translation______Reasoning from the Scriptures Book page 276

• Bella15
    Bella15

Gosh, I don't even believe they did a translation the first time ... the EDITED any NIV bible to make it fit their doctrines.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Many of us here don't believe all this talk about only the anointed ones providing spiritual food . I certainly don't_____Wonderment

I take it that you too think somebody in Brooklyn is tellin' lies

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

wasblind: "I take it that you too think somebody in Brooklyn is tellin' lies."

I believe Bethel leaders don't give us the full picture. They may claim the "anointed" ones are feeding the brotherhood, but is mostly a case of "anointed" ones being in charge in appointing other capable ones of actually writing the materials. Those other writers are not the anointed, at least, not the majority. Call it, "half-truths," if you will.

Bella15: "Gosh, I don't even believe they did a translation the first time ... the EDITED any NIV bible to make it fit their doctrines."

That could not be true, for the simple reason that the NIV was non-existant when the original committee started their project. They did not use the ASV or KJV either. It was an actual translation from the originals. That's not to say, they were not influenced by other versions to some extent. All translators are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit