Any fitness gurus out there

by Leander 71 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

mega-

But whatever works for you, works for you. There's not just one program that fits everybody out there.
    EXACTLY. thats the point ive tried to make several times.....try different things out, and figure out what works FOR YOU. everyone is different, and the same technique will not work for everyone (although i havent heard from one unsatisfied person who has completed the bfl 12 week program). basically, this entire thread is filled with OPINIONS. its my opinion that running on an empty stomach doesnt always break down muscle, if done correctly. its naeb and nytels opinion that this is hogwash and running on an empty stomach is "stupid". can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt which is the right answer? nope, only what the right answer for them is, the right answer for each individual. trial and error works wonders.

aa

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

whatever floats your boat dubla

hey everyone..this Bill Phillips is starting to sound
    like a strange cult leader aint he..

food for thought:

We have 2 wheelchair bodybuilders in our gym-
    As shreaded as anyone can be.

Yet they only lift weights

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

What can I tell you? If it works for you great. It's just not the best way to go about things. Do a bit more research than Bill Phillips though. He's widely regarded as a joke in the bodybuilding community.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

http://www.t-mag.com

Check that site out for a wide variety of training tips, diets.. etc. I learned a lot from this site and they have quite a few very smart people writing for them.

• dubla
    dubla
    We have 2 wheelchair bodybuilders in our gym-
    As shreaded as anyone can be.

Yet they only lift weights

did someone say you couldnt get shredded without cario? i know i didnt, in fact i said quite the contrary in an earlier post to naeb. sure, you can lose fat without cardio, cardio simply speeds up the process (and in the meantime helps your heart...nothing wrong with that). also, lets not forget that there are many people in the world that have the metabolism to eat whatever they want, whenever they want, never once do cardio (or any other excercise), and stay shredded. ive met many weight lifters who have never stepped on a cardio machine, never run a mile, etc.....that were ripped. one in particular, a friend of mine, eats fast food constantly, and never gains an ounce of fat..........no cardio.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

naeb-

i was asking if you had tried these cardio techniques, or are simply repeating what youve read through research.?.

Do a bit more research than Bill Phillips though.
    i encountered bill phillips towards the end of my personal research, ive read a million different opinions from "experts". i also dont consider everything bill phillips says to be gospel....i certainly dont agree with all of his advice. the cardio i do agree with, but that not just bill phillips..........i can supply you with 10 more "experts" who agree on the subject, but im sure you already know that.

He's widely regarded as a joke in the bodybuilding community.
    i dont doubt that. this is the same "community" that anabolic steroids are considered the norm in. 95% of the guys with 27 inch arms and no fat that tell you they arent using the juice (or never have) are lying. the other 5% are genetically gifted. personally, what ive followed from bfl has been more concentrated on whole body health, and not just getting huge. if i was a competing bodybuilder, i probably wouldnt follow his program.....id just shoot up and lift 7 days a week....but thats not my goal.

aa

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

You have never seen skip lacour or jeff willet have you.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I've tried them. I've tried a lot of different things. What works best for me, and almost everyone I know that works out, is good nutrition, very little cardio, and weight training. I'm sure you could find 10 "experts" that will tell you anything you want to believe, and like I said earlier cardio can help you lose weight. But if your goal is gaining muscle mass, excessive cardio, such as running for 30 minutes every morning, is a detriment.

And to say (or imply) that people who don't endorse Bill Phillips are drug users is ridiculous. He's a joke because he took principles that have been around since the beginning of time, packaged it in a shiny formula, and added some of his own ideas which are worthless and proclaimed himself revolutionary.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

one word for Bill Phillips

CYBERGENICS

sure it sounds like Dianetics......Hey who let Xenu back??

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

fight fight fight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit