What will the world be like in 2100?

by slimboyfat 36 Replies latest social current

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, sir82, but SBF is quoting a futurist whose predictions fifty years ago are mostly true today. All of my predictions can be backed up, too.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Who cares? We will be dead by then.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Grandchildren, llamacool.

• HBH
    HBH

Are we smarter than yeast? Nope, collapse is a certianty, but it may be a few years. Sadly, suicide is the leading cause of death among middle aged adults in the US.

Get help if you need it fresh prince.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I'm middle-aged. And I think about it every day, every hour. I just don't have a good plan. And the crisis lines are frequently dialed.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Fresh Prince: Get help! ASAP! Where do you live? Lookup free psychology services... there are some people who run free or low cost clinics...

Have you considered getting a professional doctor? What if you have depression or some other problem? anti-depresants work wonders...

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

"Collapse is a certainty"

So who wants to wait around for that? Seriously! NOT ME.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Indeed Fresh Prince please visit a doctor.

I believe that you will feel better in the future.

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://www.aplaceformom.com/blog/seniors-happier-with-age/

I am middle aged too, but I am optimistic.

• Glander
    Glander

I haven't read all the posts above.

I have a positive view of the world that my progeny 87 years from now will be living in.

If we subtract 87 years from 2013 we find ourselves in 1926.

Medicine, technolgy, you name it, have all advanced to the point of being almost unrecognizable to those 1926 folks, many are still living and can testify to what they have seen.

Assuming that technology and medicine advance at a faster pace than they did during 1926-2013, it will be unrecognizable to people today.

I have grand, and greatgrand-children that will be there. When I hold their little hands I think about things like this. By the time the great great grands come along I will be long gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit