The Annual ``Don't Misbehave'' at Asemblies'' KM

by Room 215 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Almost time for the annual "Two attendants controlled thousands of JW's by holding them back with a piece of thin string stretched between them both".

Ho Hum, another day in paradise looms.

Englishman.

• LDH
    LDH

BBoy that was brilliant!

Another theory is the Pavlov's Dogs theory.

This 'special insert' which is reviewed at about three consecutive TMS meetings--gets the cong. geared to go! They will talk about all the "Special Blessings Jehovah has in store" and how you should "arrive early to partake in the brotherhood"--but there is a caveat:

Once the "music" starts, you should find your seat! Only by obeying the instructions verbatim will you feel BLESSED by Jehovah!

It is a conditioned response. The article is nothing more than a bell ringing to make the average JW salivate at the thought of being exposed to 'new and wondrous teachings' of the JW when the reality is--by the Keynote Address nobody is listening.

Lisa

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry Mr Biggs- I must be so dense I still dont get it.DAH
    After being that long in the Borg- I cant decipher what is a joke & fact...
    So He was just being sarcastic-????Oh put it down to my old age! I still dont like to hear them defamed-ONLY the TOP DOGS........
    Love ya Biggs

• DB
    DB

Lisa, there have been times when I did not even make it that far (to the keynote address) without day-dreaming or otherwise figuring it was time for a walk.

And on a hot day at The Vet in Philly, most of us are boiled eggs before that talk.

215, yes, I have heard of instances in which jws left tracts but no tip...I'd love to be able to see the face of a waiter/waitress after that.

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ BBoyNecko, hehe...I can just picture all those sexually frustrated kids running around [quote]boinking like rabbits!!!!

Every religion is the One True Religion.[/i]

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Are they still reminding JWs not to bring hotplates and cook in their hotel rooms?

That was always my fav behave reminder.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Well honestly the JW teens were really really really bad at conventions, they treated it like a big party. Scopin' out the ladies, going out on the town..visiting each others hotel rooms.... bad bad bad.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Six points from the KM:

1. Since the hotel wants to fill all available rooms, do not reserve more room than you plan to use.

2. Do not expect the hotel to save your room unless you make the appropriate deposit in advance of your arrival.

3. When you check in at the hotel, display patience and respect toward the hotel staff as they endeavor to accomodate you. ["What the fuck is taking you so long? Can't you see we're Jehovah's Witnesses, you piece of worldly birdfood?"]

4.If a complimentary breakfast is included, do not abuse this provision, which is made for hotel guests only. ["Quick! Grab enough for the whole congregation to get a free lunch! And take enough bacon for breakfasts for the next year until the next DC!"]

5. Abide by all the hotel's rules regarding the use of it's premises.

6. Leave a customary tip for the housekeeper. ["This 1994 Watchtower is worth more than any amount of money."]

Expatbrit

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    1. Since the hotel wants to fill all available rooms, do not reserve more room than you plan to use.

Ha ha. I only need one room, but let's book 2 just for fun!

2. Do not expect the hotel to save your room unless you make the appropriate deposit in advance of your arrival.
    Good god, it's sad people actually need to be told this shit.

3. When you check in at the hotel, display patience and respect toward the hotel staff as they endeavor to accomodate you. ["What the fuck is taking you so long? Can't you see we're Jehovah's Witnesses, you piece of worldly birdfood?"]
    Ha ha!! Gotta remind god's true people not to be rude don't ya know! Isn't this a life-lesson parents were supposed to teach children?

4.If a complimentary breakfast is included, do not abuse this provision, which is made for hotel guests only. ["Quick! Grab enough for the whole congregation to get a free lunch! And take enough bacon for breakfasts for the next year until the next DC!"]
    Sweeeeeeet!!! Free donuts - quick, fill up my bookbag ...

5. Abide by all the hotel's rules regarding the use of it's premises.
    No shit Sherlock!

6. Leave a customary tip for the housekeeper. ["This 1994 Watchtower is worth more than any amount of money."]
    Once again JWs demostrate their immense grasp on the service industry - and it's survival on tips. You'd think with as many janators as there are in JWs they'd know this already.
  • Xander
    Xander

WHOAH - #1, #2, and #3 are new to me! Granted, it's been at least 2 years since I've seen one of these - but I KNOW #1 wasn't on there before.

There WAS a similar comment re: seating at the convention, but I can't believe they would seriously put that in a KM. Reserve more rooms than you plan to use? WTF? Who DOES that???

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit