"The excitement is PALPABLE"

by Separation of Powers 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

DATA:

" HISTORIC!!, EPIC! HISTORY MAKING!!.."

I found this curious (what you are alluding to). A letter from the Society that was read this week concerning the AGM described it as "historic." It ain't even happened yet. Still, it's "historic."

Also, the letter said that 'suspence was building.' I find this a bit disingenious, considering the fact that the ones writing this are in the know. I could see a reporter describing people's feelings as they waited for some event. But for the ones who already know to tell those not knowing that 'susspence was building,' . . . this seems a bit of a bald-faced tease.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't think the organization wants JWs comparing current excitement to the 1970s.

It might get some JWs asking what really happened in the 1970s.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Those were the words used by an Elder in his closing prayer. History making...that could be anything. I have never eaten a Dorito taco in a public restroom with 2 midget contortionists. If I do that on Saturday, is it History making?! I guess the AGM is " history making " because many dubs been invited for the first time. It's just a test market for the corporation. Can they run the show via Dell projector from their hide-out at Warwick? Will the get substantial contributions? Will the R&F eat it up? Undoubtedly. When you don't live a real life because you postpone it all for the future that is " SOON", any break in the mundane routine is epic.

I need to get some tacos.

DD

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I have never eaten a Dorito taco in a public restroom

That's actually the best place to eat one, especially the new Fiery flavored ones.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

It's historic in the sense that they've not invited the rank and file before. But, I seriously doubt anything of note will happen other than the new bible. Even that will likely just be a revision and an attempt to raise money!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Bobcat:

A letter from the Society that was read this week concerning the AGM described it as "historic.

Do we have a link for that letter?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

cofty: So do the Saturday audience see it live and the rest see a recording? Is it video or audio?

You got it! Saturday morning attenders at 10:00 am on the East Coast see it live on projectors that have been installed at selected Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls.

Those on the West Coast see it pre-recorded video Saturday at 9:00 a.m. and then at 3:00 p.m from projectors that have also been installed in selected Kingdom Halls. Then the same thing Sunday at 9:00 a.m. then 3:00 p.m.

Its' going to be old news by the time those poor JW schmucks see it Sunday at 3:00 p.m on West Coast. Older news still for the Hawaiian chaps who see even three hours later!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I expect a full report Saturday night!!

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks JWGoneBad.

I think that makes it 3pm UK time. Let's hope the technology goes tits up.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Australia gets a recording of it Sunday morning...which is funny cuz we're 15 hours ahead of NYC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit