"The excitement is PALPABLE"

by Separation of Powers 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Got caught at the supermarket (in between the martini olives and snack crackers ) with several bottles of hard liquor in my basket along with some red licorice by a sister that has known me for years. Still respects me, not knowing that I am in full fade mode, or at least not recognizably knowing. Anyway, when she sees me, her eyes get all big and she heads in my direction, nearly ramming my liquor laden cart with her vegan oriented basket.

"Hey SOP, how are you doing? It's SOOO good to see you!"

I exchange the pleasantry.

"What time are you going to the Annual Meeting event?"

"I didn't know it was an event, but anyway, I'm not gonna be able to make it."

"Oh, no," she replies. "That's a shame. I hope everything's OK. I mean, the EXCITEMENT IS PALPABLE! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! It's like when Franz came back in the '70's. You can just feel that something is gonna happen!"

"Wow," I say, " kinda like when your left arm starts hurting right before a cardiac episode?" (sarcasm has always been strong with my family)

(That didn't go over well. )

"Well, I hope you can make it. It's gonna be great. I just know it is."

Any of you getting this kind of feedback?

SOP

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Like I keep saying I think the anticlimax will do more damage than good...

• suavojr
    suavojr

"Wow," I say, " kinda like when your left arm starts hurting right before a cardiac episode?" (sarcasm has always been strong with my family)

Now that was funny!!!

After the so called EVENT my wife made arrangements to go out with a couple from the hall and eat at a nice high-end restaurant. The best part about this EVENT is that I will not go out preaching and Sunday I am going to the beach.

• suavojr
    suavojr

But I bet this meeting will just be just another blown out of proportions JW mini convention

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So WHAT EXACTLY happened in the 70's?!? Nothing, as far as I know. The END did not come, but lot's of dubs sold their homes. Is that what she meant, that there was going to be a huge let down from the ORG that "never dissapoints?"

I haven't heard much talk from anyone. Then again, I am being quasi-shunned. My wife hasn't said a thing about it. I wonder what she will say when I don't go in service the day before the AGM?!

• losingit
    losingit

Is the meeting today? Im surprised there haven't been any posts about it yet.

• Laika
    Laika

I imagine there is excitement, JW life is a very dull routine, and this is NEW, that's exciting!

• cofty
    cofty

It will such a let-down, but it will take most of them a few weeks to realise it was a let-down.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I mean, the EXCITEMENT EXCREMENT IS PALPABLE! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!"

................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• scary21
    scary21

SOP I love your humor !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit