Hello, just introducing myself

by Miss Behaving 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

You got a lot of guts to do that! Thanks for sharing your story.

The darkest hours of the night are just before dawn. Things are going to get better.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Miss Behaving.

Welcome! You have had it tough. I am sorry for all you have gone through. I hate the shunning.

You sound a lot like me. When I know something is not right, I can not pretend. You are extremely brave to come forward to your family and tell them. That shows what kind of person you are. We have children and we could never turn our backs on them. It is sad and shameful the way they seem to just want you to go away. It is their loss.

You mentioned that you always thought apostates were bitter, hateful, lost and unhappy. We have been out for 2+ years (born ins) and have never been happier. We are working on the bitterness. It gets better everyday. Now that you have experienced some of the unloving behavior of loved ones, you can understand why so many become bitter. Most here have experienced the lack of love the JW's can display towards others. There are some really good people on here. Most have been deeply scarred by the JW religion, as you have. Keep reading and learning.

I also thought all the non JW's were evil until I became friends with several and they were actually kinder to me and my family than the JW's. You will get love and hate no matter where you go. It's the way the world is. Good and evil everywhere but for the most part people are decent and kind.

Keep attending college and take one day at a time. Hopefully, when you finish college you will be able to go out on your own and live without reliance on others. Stay positive.

"The freedom to think and believe whatever I wish is very precious to me now. I also feel damned lucky to be young enough to make a different life for myself."

From the statement above you sound like you are moving in the right direction. Enjoy your freedom. You are fortunate that you are still young when you learned the Truth about the truth.

Keep us posted on your progress! We are here for you!

Remember what Doc always says..."the best revenge is living a happy and successful life."

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Your story is more evidence that one of the greatest problems the WT has is its own publications.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hi MB, welcome!

You've gone through an incredibly painful experience. And yet you have already begun the hard work to become yourself.
    You don't need me or anyone else to tell you that you still have some tough times ahead, but persevere and you can accomplish great things!

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Oubliette

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Awesome post! Sorry your parents turned you out.
  • DisArmed
    DisArmed

"But what I'm discovering is that the world I had been taught to hate can be incredibly kind. I'm learning the extent of my ignorance." - Miss Behaving

An essential step for my own exit.

Welcome Miss!

• Flamingo
    Flamingo

Miss Behaving I aplaud you for your strength! The world is your oyster and you my lady are it's pearl!

Times have been tough on you and they may get tougher but you'll do just fine because you're strong. I feel for all that you've gone through, many of us have not only lost our religion but our families, friends and livelyhoods as well and come out thankful for the experience and none the worse for the wear.

Welcome and I hope you come here often as you have much to offer others as well as gaining some insights.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

One day you will be able to tell the story.....and be free of the pain. Many more than you know the things you know, but simply choose to stick around because its easier on some level for them.

You took a principled stand. Good for you.

What part of the world are you from?

And....welcome!

Welcome! You're still young enough to make something of your life. Good luck with that!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Miss, send me a p.m. and tell me where you are. I really want to help if I can.

Thank god for community colleges!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit