What Are Some Stupid Rules In Watchtower World?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

And when it comes to the District Conventions, the KM is full of the craziest rules!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

lamallcool:

Chaperone must be with all JW dates at all times no matter how old they are.

Ah, yes... brings back memories of having to chaperone my father and step-mother.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Omg the district convention rules are the nuttiest.

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

To be more precise with beards in France :

An elder can have a beard, although it is strongly discouraged. But he won't be allowed to give talks outside his KH (other KH or conventions).

By extension, this stupid rule is the same for every brother for convention. Recently, a friend of mine was asked, 3 days before the convention to cut his beard, or he couldn't not go to the platform for his demo.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

iPad/tablet use is encouraged in Field Service, permitted to use during the meetings for audience members, but iPad/tablet use on stage is forbidden (per WTS letter to elders).

Oh, and 4 semesters of college is perfectly acceptable, but 8 semesters gets you into hot water and is seen as rejecting the Faithful Slave's direction.

I especially like it when someone cites the "rule" on unmarried adults not being allowed to ride alone in a car together without a chaperone. "Really? Could you show me the WT article that's in? What's that? You say you couldn't find anything at all-- even on the CD-ROM? What a surprise!"

• BU2B
    BU2B

No R rated movies, even though the same movie may have recieved a lesser rating in another country, meaning it is ok for JWs to watch it there but not in the US.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I once travelled to a Circuit Assembly by car and gave a sister in the congregation a lift. My wife had the 'flu and could not attend.

The elders told me that was a very unwise decision on my part and I should never give a sister a lift when my wife is not present, regardless of the difficulty it may cause the sister.

The sister in question is a couple of years younger than my mother.

George

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

It's ok to use the services of the police, but not ok to be a police officer.

It's ok to take blood fractions, but not ok to donate blood to provide blood fractions.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

wearing wire framed glasses shows that you're lazy.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Don't buy raffle ticket for charity-- it's gambling.

No breast feeding in the main auditorium in New England, even if modestly and fully covered with a blanket-- you will be called into the back room for unnecessarily exciting the microphone handlers. BTW you"re good to go in FL. This was in the mid-1980's, rules and restrictions may vary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit