What Are Some Stupid Rules In Watchtower World?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

"One that I just don't understand is that no one should hold hands during a prayer." Have not been at a meeting for seven years and i guess this one is new to me.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The ban on women wearing pantsuits at meetings or in FS or in the Bethel dining room.

The rule about women having to wear a head covering if praying or conducting a Bible study in front of a baptised, male, minor child.

Women not being allowed to do the Bible reading in the TMS.

It's the hugging/having one's arm around another that's frowned on during congregation prayer - not hand-holding.

• minimus
    minimus

Toasting is pagan but wedding bands are ok.

• minimus
    minimus

Are you SURE that you can hold hands??

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I know someone that grew up in Baltimore and KH weddings that she attended while growing up (in the 70's and 80's) were not permitted to spin records at the reception, I've never heard of that one before, what scripture did they twist and turn to get that one from?

• minimus
    minimus

The rule is married couples should only hold hands if they are discrete. They shouldn't hold hands in such a way that everyone could easily view it. You can't hold hands if you are not discrete. Group hugs and holding of hands is taboo too.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I break that "rule" of not hugging on purpose... I hug my mom and my dad very openly when I go to the meetings... IF I decide to go, that is...

• cehbrfn
    cehbrfn

beard men

• hoser
    hoser

no tattoos

no earrings for men

no multiple earrings for women

no cleavage or legs to be shown

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I used to hug my young daughter during the congregation prayer. Nobody complained. When the WT lesson came out about not hugging during the prayer, I ignored it. Nobody complained. I also saw a row of widowed older sisters put their arms around each others' waists during the prayer. Nobody cared - it was nice. Anyway, you'd have to keep your eyes open during the prayer to know who was holding hands with or hugging whom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit