What Are Some Stupid Rules In Watchtower World?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• warehouse
    warehouse

Over the years, I've hotly debated the beard rule.

In a priceless discussion some years ago, someone with great exuberance asks me " . . . do you think Jehovah would want you to grow a beard????!!!!!"

to which my equally emphatic response was "are you JOKING? If Jehovah didn't want me to have a beard, HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ONE GROW ON MY FRIGGIN FACE"

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

No coloring books in the KH.

• jam
    jam

In regards to dress code folks. Remember this, " if you were invited to dinner at the White House , would you not wear your best. You are in the house of the most high, you should dress appropriately. Wonder if a tuxedo is acceptable.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

For sisters if your being raped call out Jehovahs name and make sure you scream. (If you dont scream you will be DFed) I told this to my wife and she said that is really BS. If my wife was in that that situation it would be a douple tap in the heart and two in the head. Then she will call 911. She is really good with her Sig Sauer.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

LOL @ warehouse!! Yep! I can't believe the phrase " do you think Jehovah would want you to grow a beard?" LMAO!!!!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Chaperone must be with all JW dates at all times no matter how old they are.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

In France I've seen elders with moustaches but never with beards.

When I was counselled about holding hands with my fiancee, the elder compared that to wearing a beard. It's not clearly written in the Bible, but it doesn't make it OK....

I think having to wear a jacket whatever the weather when passing the mics is probably one of the crappiest rules.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

"All too many earthly rulers, religious or otherwise, exhaust the people with wearisome burdens of endless rules."

JW.BORG

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

No getting an education.

No beards for men.

You must never mention any negative experience you've had with other jws or congregations.

• 88JM
    88JM

Two people of the opposite sex not married to each other must never be alone together

No bungee jumping or skydiving

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit