So are Republicans now openly terrorists?

by Simon 369 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have never met anyone like myself.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd like the US to turn dark green on this map. Perhaps better access to health care will do it.

US Life Expectancy

• minimus
    minimus

If you notice, only the Obama/Simon lovers are applauding this thread. Anyone that might disagree for various reasons will get into trouble on this site.

And dare I say, if anyone wrote that Democrats act like "terrrorists", you'd close the thread down.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

But democrats are not acting like terrorists.

• designs
    designs

If John Boehner is having such a difficult time understanding the ACA he can always walk over to Secretary of Health & Services Kathleen Sebelius office and get educated.

• minimus
    minimus

Republicans and Democrats aren't acting like "terrorists"., although "terrorists" love ruining the economy, so maybe the Democrats are, huh? IT's an unwarranted knee jerk response.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

bohm: "Shirley: please help me out, is usa a democracy or not?

its really important to me, you see i live in a constitutional monarchy and i dont hope to realize i do not also live in a democracy..."

Clearly, you have access to the Internet, so educating yourself on this subject is but a few keystrokes away. In your alleged quest for enlightenment (although I suspect you are being disingenuous) I will get you started:

"In the strictest sense of the word, the system of government established by the Constitution was never intended to be a "democracy." This is evident not only in the wording of the Pledge of Allegiance but in the Constitution itself which declares that "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" (Article IV, Section 4). Moreover, the scheme of representation and the various mechanisms for selecting representatives established by the Constitution were clearly intended to produce a republic, not a democracy.

To the extent that the United States of America has moved away from its republican roots and become more "democratic," it has strayed from the intentions of the Constitution's authors. Whether or not the trend toward more direct democracy would be smiled upon by the Framers depends on the answer to another question. Are the American people today sufficiently better informed and otherwise equipped to be wise and prudent democratic citizens than were American citizens in the late 1700s? By all accounts, the answer to this second question is an emphatic "no."

Being that you think you live in a "monarchy" the highlighted section in red is particularly applicable to you, bohm.

Additionally, for those who argue that the will of the people always prevails, specifically in regard to the ACA, I will post this:

"There are no longer any voter-qualification impediments to democracy in the United States. But many have noted that the will of the people has tended not to prevail, and that a majority of people eligible to vote are so discouraged that they do not vote. The main reason for this is the buying and selling of elections and politicians by the wealthier class of citizens and their special interest groups. A year or more before elections take place, the winner is decided by those who vote with dollars. But this is a defect in democracy, not a reason to abandon it. The answer is to cure the defect, not to attempt to destroy our representative democracy."

http://www.williampmeyers.org/republic.html

No one is arguing that healthcare in the USA does not need serious overhauling. However, steamrolling people into buying a broken product, by what is blatantly nothing more than a massive tax flying under the banner of "healthcare", is not the way to go about making any real changes.

• designs
    designs

I don't recall any current Congressional and Senate Democrats preaching 'Secession from the Union' but several Republicans certainly have.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

SPEAKER JOHN BOEHNER : The American people are worried about their job. They’re worried about their incomes rising, because they’re all under pressure. The economy is not growing. Why isn’t it growing? One of the issues that’s standing in the way is Obamacare .

This is just proof of just how stupid and full of shit John Boehner is trying to impose unrelated fear tactics.

If he was truly honest he would be saying the Medical Insurance Industry in the US is nervous and wary if this government sponsored

HCS becomes successful and has the potential of weakening their finical position in the health providing market place.

Serves the America people right for voting in a President that cares about the poor, sick and disadvantaged in the population.

• BizzyBee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit