So are Republicans now openly terrorists?

by Simon 369 Replies latest social current

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Giordano,

Funny you didn't address any other part of my post but that one quote but just took what I said out of context. If you would have read the remainder of my post you would have seen that most of the young people cannot affford that since most are basically homeless and living with their parents. Hell a lot of young people cannot even support their kids and are having their grandparents raise them.

If you are going to address what I post, please address everything I say in my post and not just part of it.

LRG

• designs
    designs

Fox News's Brian Kilmeade asks Nicaraguan meterologist Maria Molina to host Taco Day because 'you people grew up on these'

Knowledge- a precious commodity in short supply.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

BB: "Funny how the party of "personal responsibility" balks at people buying their own health insurance"

---

Has anyone made this argument? I've not seen it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

BizzyBee,

can you elaborate on your sarcastic troll of a response please

LRG

Why, yes, I can, though my brief remark should be clear enough.

The Republican party that prides itself on its embrace of the principles of personal responsibility - pay your own way, no government handouts, bootstraps, etc. - is locked in mortal combat against the ACA, even though the ACA was developed by a right-wing think tank and implemented (in Massachusetts) by a Republican governor.

PS to Shirley: Have you read the OP? Have you noticed that the US government is shut down?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Fox News's Brian Kilmeade asks Nicaraguan meterologist Maria Molina to host Taco Day because 'you people grew up on these'

Knowledge- a precious commodity in short supply.

What does that have to do with this topic? Here, let's take lack of knowledge and get back on topic.

D - Nancy [stretch] Pelosi on ACA, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it."

Oct 2nd, D - Henry [dingle berry] Waxman, when asked if he read the regulations in ACA said in response " Is it important that I read it?"

Good grief - talk about knowledge in short supply from our elected "leaders", and they wonder why people are so upset and don't want to fund their crap sandwich...

I hope the repubs hold the line against these libtarded morons.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It matters not what political party a person supports, or whether or not you like the idea of mandated insurance coverage.

----

The simple fact of the matter is this: there's no money to pay for ACA or any other government program!! All this posturing is pointless when most individuals can't afford insurance, no matter how "cheap" it is, and the government really has no money to pay for it either. For those who naively argue that ACA is just like Medicare and Social Security and they magically work- well, you're wrong. They are broke too. I don't know why this is so hard to understand:

-----

A National Debt Of $14 Trillion? Try $211 Trillion

"If you add up all the promises that have been made for spending obligations, including defense expenditures, and you subtract all the taxes that we expect to collect, the difference is $211 trillion. That's the fiscal gap," he says. "That's our true indebtedness."

"We've got 78 million baby boomers who are poised to collect, in about 15 to 20 years, about $40,000 per person. Multiply 78 million by $40,000 — you're talking about more than $3 trillion a year just to give to a portion of the population," he says. "That's an enormous bill that's overhanging our heads, and Congress isn't focused on it."

"What you have to do is either immediately and permanently raise taxes by about two-thirds, or immediately and permanently cut every dollar of spending by 40 percent forever. The [Congressional Budget Office's] numbers say we have an absolutely enormous problem facing us."

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/06/139027615/a-national-debt-of-14-trillion-try-211-trillion

------

Medicare's $100 Trillion Unfunded Liability

"I’m a little late getting to this, but it’s important. The Democrats like to tell us that Obamacare is going to shore up Medicare, and that it’s already doing so. Don’t believe it, it’s a lie. The truth is frightening, but it’s something that needs to get out there.

Looking indefinitely into the future, the unfunded liability is $43 trillion — almost three times the size of today’s economy. Based on more plausible assumptions, such as those reflected in the "alternative" scenario for Medicare produced by the Congressional Budget Office in June 2012, the long-term shortfall is more than $100 trillion. …

When the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010, Medicare’s chief actuary, Rick Foster, said the cuts envisioned would damage access to care. Harvard health economist Joe Newhouse predicted that seniors may have to seek health care at the same places frequented by Medicaid patients today — at community health centers and the emergency rooms of safety-net hospitals."

http://www.freeinews.com/politics/medicares-100-trillion-unfunded-liability

For those who don't understand this, "unfunded" means these programs don't have any money now and the money they need for the future doesn't exist either. The only way to continue the programs is to continue borrowing- and the USA is right at the point of being completely insolvent. This is before the government begins subsidizing ACA.

• designs
    designs

Dear POS- love it or hate it its going to help you out someday.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

BB: PS to Shirley: Have you read the OP? Have you noticed that the US government is shut down?

----

The government is shut down?! OMG! No, I hadn't noticed this. Thank you for pointing it out, captain obvious.

Your glib retort has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

the "young healthy" people to jump on board to pay for this crappy insurance with high premiums and even astronomical deduction

---------

Nobody can make those kind of statements that pit 'young vs old'..because the same thing is said of the education system, the military, Medicaid etc. If not for every older person working, some of whom never had kids of their own, they paid a lot of taxes to build schools and furnish them for the young. The paid to build a lot of those still standing bridges and to put down the roads the young still drive on today. Ditto the security of the country - there hasn't been a draft in 50 years so comparatively speaking, no person under 50 has really had to claim a stake in protecting or serving the country - dying for their country - unless voluntarily and those numbers comparatively speaking to the population are not extraordinarily high.

I think neither party looks good.

I think the Democrats look like they are whining and unwilling to bend and I think the Republicans look exactly the same. I swear if they all looked in the mirror at the same time, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

As for Obamacare. I applaud the program because it will benefit a lot of people, however, how does it get paid? If know 2 people who will be subsidized $1,000 a month for the whole year - multiply that by 30-50 million applicants who get that amount and it becomes astronomical. Then add in the subsidy to the States for expanding Medicaid and long term this is not sustainable from any angle. The program will not eliminate bankruptcy or stress on those who need actual care and don't have money - they now have access to care they didn't have, but they still don't have the funds to take care of any major illness that takes a good portion of their income out a year. Sooner or later, the insurance companies have to be removed and everyone pays a flat tax for health care and it becomes a matter of public/private care. You have to have money coming in to hand money out and so I think in a few short years there will have to be universal healthcare. sammieswife

• Simon
    Simon

Please everyone keep ON TOPIC and CIVIL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit