I CAN'T TAK

by Caupon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Caupon, you just made my afternoon man!

• Caupon
    Caupon

You welcome, sir. Didn't take long to see the light.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Welcome to the Forum! You have at least 3 things on your side that most here dont. 1 you are very young with your whole life ahead of you,

2. You have woken up to TTATT before getting baptised and cannot be DF

3. You have not gotten married and had kids with a JW and then woken up and have to spend every day thinking about how to wake them up and rescue them.

I envy you in the friendliest way possible. I dont know how old you are but lay low, get an education with a view to a good paying carreer in a field you enjoy, then you can start a fully normal life.

I wish you the best, and keep us updated ok? -BU2B

• Caupon
    Caupon

Definitely. How could you not stay in tact/tak with people who have helped you? I have got to do at least that.

Would like to help others on here but myself am very inexperienced so my advice is subpar to all of you guys. But reading the threads helps keep a great eye.

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Caupon,

This thread is a great example of how good this site can be, especially for young folks like you who need advise from people with no ulterior motives. JWN is full of such people.

Don't worry about giving advise out to others... just yet. In time you will be able to do that too. Sometimes though, just telling your own story helps others. There may be other young people reading this very thread who are going through the same thing but are too frightened to speak up. So, you are in a way giving them advice by telling your story and letting others chime in. The issue wouldn't be "out there" if you hadn't the courage to put it there.

I wish you well and hope you do not do anything too drastic. This is a time for you to be careful with what you say and do. Love bomb your mother, even though she is not dealing with you in a mature way. From her viewpoint, she is trying to get your to "come to your senses". She thinks she is "saving" you. Of course, you have come to your senses and it is she that has not, but that is lost on her right now. It may always be.

If you can appreciate her intentions (not her actions) then maybe you can get through this. In time you will be able to move out and make your own life away from a controlling home.

Brock Talon

• caroline77
    caroline77

Caupon, is your Dad around? What does he think?

• Caupon
    Caupon

Yeah he is around and he knows it is a cult, but he's worst than my mater. When actually believing in it, he would get very upset and do funny things. Don't feel comfortable around the old man. I do feel sort of gullity for letting the meetings get in the way of me going over his place. But now I know it is a cult but still want to live with mater.

There is a lot of problems with the religion but containment is vital.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit