I CAN'T TAK

by Caupon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

It is not true that "baptism" will make your life better/easier. The organization will always be on your case about something; therefore your mother would likely do the same. After baptism, then it would be expected to pioneer, not go to college, this rule, that rule, never ending.

Try to keep the peace with your mom. Compliment her for her normal real things, meals etc.

Fortunately, your insights are good at your age. Save your energies for your personal development. Try to achieve your schooling with a plan. Get involved in wholesome extracurriculars at school. Find friends who are achievers.

So many best wishes to you as you gain personal freedom of mind and heart!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Caupon, Don't get baptized. It would be a lie. Your mom has no Watchtower right to virtually shun you. She would if you were baptized and then expressed doubts. Your mom is operating "in the flesh", angry and manipulative. I suggest that you absolutely do not broach the topic of religion. I would take immediate action to alleviate your stressed relationship. Act first, talk later. I would stop all unnecessary communication with your mom (kind of a reverse shun) And I'd immediately stop going to meetings altogether. When she asks why...I would say "I don't want to talk about it." She will know in her heart - why you have stopped. When the crunch comes you can say. "If what you have is real Christianity, it is loveless and I want no part of it.. She will repent and treat you differently. Then you can start going back to meetings and learn what you can, separating truth from delusion independently. But keep all your doubts to yourself until you are ready to leave home. Good luck and God bless

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Caupon,

As someone who decided to get baptized after many years of "Bible study", love bombing, and peer pressure despite having lingering doubts, I'd like to say to you---please don't do it. It's hard to get in but more difficult to get out. I hope you really think about it more than 100 times.

Sincerely,

ohnightdivine

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Caupon, please reconsider- at least right now you still have access to your family. If you're baptized and then decide to leave things will be much much worse.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Imagine if you got baptized and then left "the truth" how she would treat you?

you made a very mature decision

you are much wiser than I was.

stick around. Many of us can empathize. Nice to meet you'

• cofty
    cofty

That's like saying "I think I will just go ahead and get married despite knowing I don't like her and we can get divorced later".

What you are getting from your mother now is nothing compared to how it will be if you get dunked and then tell her you don't believe it.

Be brave.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It's gotten so out of hand that she makes me ride the bus 6 miles to school now.

How old are you son? Sounds like a horribly conflicting time and I understand how acceding to your Mothers wishes might seem to make your way smoother. But please listen to the advice of all these good people. We've seen it and lived it all, getting baptised will be a decision you regret for a lifetime.

Being strong and holding on to your young convictions now will be stressful for a while but you'll be your OWN person and much happier for it in the long run.

Good luck.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Keep a low profile, don't rush your mother with too much info. In the meantime, make a plan. Home is probably the best place to be until you graduate from high school. In the meantime, consider how you are going to make it as an adult. Learn a skill that brings in money, plan on college if at all possible. Build a network of "worldly" friends you can trust, get a part-time job and start saving money. If you keep focused on your future and work on your plans, the time will whiz by and you'll be on your own and out in the world with a good foundation. In fact, life is so interesting, the only time you'll really be bored is at the KH. Good luck! Keep in touch.

• Caupon
    Caupon

Thank you all again. I followed most of the advice of keeping a low profile. Forunately, no baptism has occured and holy crap am I relieved.

Realize that if that had been done, certain people would not give me a break.

Just wanted to update my status. This website has very helpful people.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the update! Stay in touch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit