God is Jesus

by evangelist 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

It seems like there are more scriptures to indicate God and Jesus are two distinct beings - Jesus's baptism when God spoke from the heavens, Jesus praying to the Father in Gethsemane, etc. - look at the Book of Hebrews:

[QUOTE}
    Hebrews 1
    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
    4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? [/QUOTE]

Since I've never been a JW, is it their belief that he is not the Son of God?

• amccullough
    amccullough

I think Jude 3:1 says "And the trinity being that God is Jesus and Jesus is God is absolutely true."

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Trinity does not suggest that the Father is the Son and the Son
    is the Father nor that the Holy Spirit is the Father or the Son.
    No. The Persons are distinct. Yet there are not three gods, but
    one God. On the other hand, it is the JWs who teach that the
    Father is God and the Son is a god. That is just as problematic
    as the Trinity which they try to disprove.

Some of the same titles that the Father has, the Son has also.
    Savior, rock, shepherd, creator, lord, etc. They do the same works:
    heal, forgive sins, save, create, etc.

In John 20:28 Thomas calls Jesus "My Lord and my God." This is as
    plain as it gets. If he could call Jesus God, so can I.

• Solace
    Solace

This is a VERY important issue.

If Jesus is God, than the W.T.S has successfully managed to get millions of people to worship nothing more than a false pronunciation, believing it is an entirely different being.

If that is the case, imagine the implications.

They better hope he is a forgiving God.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Starts rummaging around for copy of Grim’s Fairy Tales]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Solace
    Solace

Elsewhere,
    You say,
    "Believe in yourself, not mythology"
    Just because many of us have lost faith in an organization it does not mean we have all lost faith in ourselves or God.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey OG,

Don't be so hard on the Yeshua prince..or princess. She's my heroine! Wish I could obfusicate so effectively...

caveman

• og
    og

It's just og. No capitalization necessary. You don't have to worry about Xenu. The little twerp has promised to ignore me several times.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Elsewhere:

What I really want to know is: is Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy one and the same.

I think it plausible. After all, the fat red bastard has to do something on the other 364 nights of the year, and since I've personally never heard of anyone receiving a coin for their teeth on Christmas day, it obviously has never happened. Quid pro ergo propter hoc sum demonstrandum.

Expatbrit

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

What are you going to do with all the scriptures that say Jesus is God's son?

I would suggest that you find the logic that will allow a son and a father to be one and the same and yet not the same while incorporating a third entity into the melange, with one in heaven, one on earth and one traveling and yet all being the same. When you can make this sound sensible and plausible then you will be well on your way to convincing JW's that Jesus is God and vice versa. ...Hey, me too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit