God is Jesus

by evangelist 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evangelist
    evangelist

Hello
    I am looking for more scriptures that can prove to a Jehovah witness that God is jesus, and Jesus is God.I found only one verse so far in 1Jo:5:20: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

If you know more scriptures that say directly that God is Jesus please tell me the verses the JHW will see plainly that Jesus is no way an angel, and he is Jehovah God almighty.
    My friend said if I can prove by the bible only that Jesus is God he will leave the JHW society, and he will know that they are teaching lies and they would be to him a dogma religious sect. My friend gave me a booklet called “ should you believe in the trinity?, and is Jesus Christ the almighty God”. If somebody know about this booklet and know if there is a counter booklet or information against this booklet that they passout please let me know.
    I think this should dealt with as soon as possible so they can be convicted of passing out lies against our savior. Also I don`t understand completely why the JHW don`t worship the Lord Jesus , and they confess they go through Jesus to get to Jehovah and they use another word to respect Jesus which I don`t understand and don`t see it in the king James Version or any other bibles . The JHW say they are not allowed to worship Jesus, and the last question is how can they say Jesus or Jehovah doesn`t heal today, because God NAME is I AM not I WAS?
    If someone can help with these question I `ll be waiting for your answers.

Praise God for you
    Evangelist
    Proverb:4:7: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

One scripture?? It doesn't take too much to convince you of things does it?

• Xenu
    Xenu

The Yeshua and the Elohim are two entirely different personages.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I posted a while back with a copy of the letter that I sent to the society. Its at : http://www.geocities.com/lovelight75/socletter.htm

This letter asks questions regarding the changes in scripture, particularly how the JW bible inserts the name Jehovah. There are a couple of other points which you may find useful. The response from the society is under my thread of that name. "response from society"

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Jesus works at Taco Bell

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Hi evangelsit:
    The WHOLE BIBLE teaches it !
    When I was a Jdub I wanted to simplify God to what I wanted to believe and think of him but once reading the Bible for myself have no idea how I didn't see it before. Obviously I wasn't open to see it before but still......it's amazing.
    I could list pages and pages of it for you but it might be easier to just link you to some lists that are already typed out on some web pages for you to check out for yourself and I'll email you with some of my research separately so as not to ramble tooooooo much on here .
    One of the most consise sites I have seen is:
    http://www.carm.org
    On the left hand side of the page there will be a column of topics and click on Christian Doctrine. It will bring you to a page with more subtopics to pick from including the trinity and under the Jesus section you will find lists of the scriptures you are looking for.

BTW:
    In that same section of Christian doctrine they have topics of whether Baptism is neccessary for salvation which I know you were interested in.

Please let me know if you need anything specific
    <><In our Lord, Angie

• SYN
    SYN

Oh boy, looks like all the usual suspects are replying

Every religion is the One True Religion.

• hooberus
    hooberus

I know of 3 publications especially refuting the "Should You Believe in the Trinity" They are:

"Exposing Should You Believe in the Trinity" - Available from freeminds http://www.freeminds.org

"Should You Believe in the Trinity - YES " - Avaialable from Witness Inc. http://www.witnessinc.com

"Why You Should Believe in the Trinity" - Book by Robert Bowman

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    1Jo:5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

It's not hard to read that in a way that suggest God and Jesus are separate individuals. It certainly wouldn't change anyone's mind.
    I must ask, why do you believe Jesus is God if you can't find any scriptures to support such a belief?

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• og
    og

Arguing theology and using the bible as a reference is like arguing about who's better, Lou Gehrig or Ty Cobb and using baseball stats as reference. You just can't settle the questions that way, the available information does not align with the questions being asked.

Oh, and Xenu, you're a boring little asshole who leads a pointless life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit