Literature carts are the cruisiest way to preach ever - photo attached

by jwfacts 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It was a perfect spring day, and a jazz band were playing in the mall near my work. In front of the band, two Watchtower literature carts stood in solidarity. I could not work out who were the JWs attending them. There were either sitting enjoying the music, or off in a cafe. For the ten minutes that I waited, no one took literature, and no one revealed themselves as JWs.

The irony is, if you look carefully at the picture, that they were enjoying a Navy band, playing for the 2013 International Fleet Review.

Witnessing was never this easy when I was pioneering.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Man thats some easy hours, all you have to do is set up a stand, fill it with mags and go have coffee somewhere.

If someone comes by and picks up a mag, you just saunter over and pose the typical pre-programed question.

The JWs sell in different ways these days. let the literature do the talking more than themselves.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The instruction is to let people go up to the carts with no interference. Only approach once someone has taken literature and looks like they are looking for someone. It's a doddle.

• losingit
    losingit

I have seen these in my neighborhood, but with JWs I know nearby. That pic you posted-- those jdubs were cheatng!

I do find itoffensive that there is a cart facng the band the entire tme they were playing! I'd sure be upset to constantly have to look at that while playing a number. Sheesh!

• label licker
    label licker

It was never that easy when we were pioneering either. But then again, back in the day, we would never be ashamed to share and teach the bible with others. Just before we left, we had this young lazy no good for nothing elder tell us that he would stay in his car for he didn't want to get his shoes dirty. We took all the doors for we enjoyed it back then but so did everyone else who came with us for they would stay in the car all morning while we did our calls. For the last two years, we took noone with us and it caused alot of grumbleing and that was only because there were no free rides.

Maybe it's time to make anonymous phonecalls into the halls to complain that we wanted some of their literature but there was noone around to help us. Better yet call bethel and tell them the location. Boy, would you see these lazy bums get reamed out to the point there would be noone to sit behind these carts. The pioneers in our hall will not want this job for they don't like talking or going to the doors. Never saw anyone just use their bibles to teach either.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I found one of these carts near a mainline train station the other day.

The two 'looking after' it were barely looking at it as they nattered away supping their Starbucks coffee. It really is a joke. No wonder publishers are lapping it up. Easy hours + coffee + chit chat = perfect Min.

And I've never seen a single person show any interest as yet.

• zound
    zound

I wonder what kind of permissions they would have to obtain from the local councils to set these up. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't include leaving them unnattended.

You could just help yourself to all the literature on both stands and dump them in the garbage bin.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I do find itoffensive that there is a cart facng the band the entire time they were playing! I'd sure be upset to constantly have to look at that while playing a number.

Yes, here is the view for the band. I don't know what the picture at the top is, but it looks like a zombie woman.

Maybe the JW is that guy with a hat snoozing on the chair.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

There's nothing they can do if some prankster came and just wheeled that cart away...

• label licker
    label licker

And why is it obstucting traffic flow in the most dangerous area, the stairs? Do they think people have to stop right there on the spot? People can barely get by. Me, I would roll that dam thing right down the stairs and say it was trying to get around me and fell down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit