Head coverings yet again in the latest KM

by life is to short 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

CULT that treats women like sh*t.

Since the Islam headcoverings have been discussed so much in the open public, I associate head coverings with Jihad. I have to then say, "Well, maybe their moderate Muslim. Maybe the woman under that doesn't want to be a Muslim but she's forced to it for fear of honor killings." Then, I think of the terrible opression of Muslim women, and especially those in countries where openly beating a woman is commonplace. Last week, I watched an Egyptian newscaster who pulled off her headpiece in front of an Islamic holyman. He had a fit and couldn't look at her. It all seems so backwards. I watch the Islamic women explain it, we are covering ourselves to glorify Allah and to make sure men see women as equals and not sex objects. Ok, but that's so similar to the fed "logic" we used to tout as JWs. It reminds me of that family on tv with all those kids. The women wear clothes to highlight their face, not their body. Anyway, I see those coverings, especially the full body ones, and I can't help but think of it as a good way to hide a bomb or their bruises from spouse abuse. I don't know how people in Europe handle it. I guess I am a self-admitted wary person of Islam. How do you feel?

Anyhow, if I saw a woman with a headcovering, even if in the old bookstudy,I think it really, really really wierd now. I thought it was wierd in the 70s, but now it's like . . . . get away from them wierd.

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is yet another pharisaical rule to add to their already extensive Talmud. Do they feel they must have a rule for eveything single thing? Seriously, can anyone here come up with something the "elite eight" have not had a ruling on?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What was it the Pope said? Have to stop focusing on little things (birth control, gay marraige, and abortion) and focus on our mission?

The Witnesses focus on super tiny things (beards, headcoverings, jeans/tshirts after the assembly), let alone the "little" things.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We are the WT and we have just what you're missing in your life - FAKE PROBLEMS!

• perfect1
    perfect1

This is so funny, I just cant understand how anyone takes it seriously.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Shirley, that is frigging hilarious.

Can we get a "Like" button on these threads?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Boy don't this take the cake. These guys on the Governing Body have a floundering Corporation to run with gigantic issues that need to be tackled and work out, and they waste their time on this kind of petty bull shit? Spinning thier wheels over whether or not a sister need to have her head covered out in service, I mean really these guys really need to get a life and stop getting sidetracted on these non-issues irrelavent matters.

I wonder what 5 or 6 years of being on the Governing Body and listening to all their BS will do to a persons mind? These guys are in big trouble and they have no business running a Corporation.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Sisters who do not wear proper head covering will be given the boot:

• Scully
    Scully

The way to get JW women to revolt is to tell them they have to wear a head covering all the time.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

We love this idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit