Head coverings yet again in the latest KM

by life is to short 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

My husband just gave me the latest KM the Novermber 2013 and it yet again has a Question Box on head coverings.

Question Box "Should a female publisher wear a head covering if she is accompanied by a male pubisher at a doorstep Bible study?"

It says "When a female publisher conducts a reagular, scheduled Bible study and a male Kingdom publisher is present, she should wear a head covering. (1 Cor 11: 3-10) The July 15 2002, issue of the Watchtower page 27, explains: "This is a prearranged session of teaching where the one conducting the the study actually presides. Under those circumstances, a study becomes an extensiion of the congregation. If a baptized female WItnesses conducts such a study with a baptized male Witness present, she would rightly were a head covering." This is true whether the study is conducted in the home, at the doorstep, or in some other setting. On the other hand , if a doorstep Bible study has not yet been established, a sister would not need to wear a head covering in the presence of a male Kingdom publisher, even if the purpose of the return visit is to demonstrate a Bible study or to consider material in one of the recommended study publications. Since doorstep studies are often established gradually, through a series of progressive return visits, publisher will need to consider the circumstances and be resonable in determining at what point a head covering should be used.

So when are the GB going to start demanding we were Burkas? Seriously if they start making us women wear head coverings door to door the JW's will look more like a cult than ever. Maybe in other parts of the world it would be OK but here in the USA it will look really stanage and push even more to see them for what they are a cult.

LITS

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

This is food at the proper time.

• label licker
    label licker

If I were still in, I would deliberately wear one of those big old order mennonite bonnets and see what these jerks would say. We had an older sister who got the boot because they figured she was trying to look more and more like the mennonites.( she didn't wear make-up or jewelry) In other words, she didn't fit in with the bimbos in this hall who would literally fall flat on their faces because of their stelletos. Toe rings, anklets and tons of make-up is what these mennonites will not look at. They will not discuss the bible if you look like that. Eighty percent of our territory is mennonite. Guess who had all the studies and tons of them? She did.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Lable Licker- What do you mean by "got the boot"? Did they actually DF her for dressing like a mennonite?

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

16:35:08Questions from readers.

Would a sister that wears a wig be compliant with the head covering requirement?

A:

While a wig or other hairpiece would normally be considered to be a "head covering" the mere fact that today's wigs are made to a level of quality that it would be hard to tell that it was not part of the sisters natural hair and thusly could not be used to show proper headship. The actual wearing of a material over the scalp of a sister is not the true reason for weariones head covering. Showing proper submission to Jehovah's sovereignty as represented by the male. (although not able to hold a coherent conversation about the bible is not the point) It could be hard for a interested person to recognize that the sister was showing proposer submission to the baptized male in close proximity Without first hand knowledge of the hairpiece.

There would be one exception to this rule regarding the wig. If the sister is wearing a wig but cannot find any proper head covering to top out the wig, she can, in the presence of the interested person remove the wig entirely and the replace the wig so that the interested person has no doubt that the sister in question is wearing something over the scalp.

NJY

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

A new product has just been invented for JW sisters...

This is also in line with the "mucus on microphone" thread I just read.

It's called the Field Service Saver... a dual-purpose theocratic head covering and mucus control gear.

Simply place this gear on your head and you can give studies in the presence of brothers while still being able to blow your nose should you need to do so. Only $9.99 plus processing. But wait! If you order in the next 10 minutes, you get second a Field Service Saver absolutely free... call now!!!

• label licker
    label licker

Grumblecakes, they had put her on public reproof and treated her like such a dog that she left here to never return. They are so wicked here that it's beyone wicked what they get away with. Her husband had left her and shacked up with a worldly woman. He also had a drinking problem but this poor woman got no help from these goons.

There's another family here who are nothing but drinkers and they get all the labels. I mean, cmon, when your name is plastered all over this small town for being drunk and going down the mainstreet with a gun shooting up vehicles and they do nothing with this idiot. Not even a reprimand. This is the family that we were up against and you just can't touch them. They are protected like teflon. Nothing sticks to them. They can do whatever and they want and they know that the elders won't touch them.

• losingit
    losingit

We had a lot of evangelical Christians in our territory. I made sure to wear long skirts, little make up and flats. I thought we were trying to attract ppl to the truth. Many sisters adjusted their mode of dress for service. Funny, once an evangelical Christian sister git baptized, she was expected to start fitting in with the sisters by changing her mode of dress. That didn't happen. and ppl talkedbehind her back. Too bad some are so ignorant.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Label Licker-LOL, it sounds like you're in my old congregation!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Calebs airplane, LOL Not much worse than the paper towl, kleenex, hankerchief, and smashed old lady hat that i've seen used. I am greatful I never had occasion to humiliate myself this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit