Marilyn Zweifel of the 800-why-1914 Helpline passed away yesterday

by coffee_black 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Marilyn was one of the modern-day proactive pioneers of the so-called "apostasy." She helped by phone so many JWs to process and encourage many depressed with their JW life and experience. Before Internet it was a more lonely road.

There have been many, that left the WT in the '80s' and '90s' that have passed away now. Now with so many Internet sites, people can link up with so many, process coming out of the JW "cult" more quickly and with more knowledge and strength. It is very satisfying to see the development of ex-JWs and to see 'immediate' exposure to every 'move' of the frantic, desperate WTS. The WT cracks are widening and more people are sensing their 'stink.'

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Marilyn Zweifel

Such an awesome lady

Coffee

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sad news! Good to remember those who helped JW's in need in the pre-internet times. My journey begun with H20/Hourglass in 1997. It seems years ages ago! Sad to see how many people's struggle goes one and one.

Gorby

• cedars
    cedars

Very sad news indeed. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but it's obvious from these first few comments that she made a difference.

My condolences to her friends and family.

Cedars

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was so saddened to hear of her passing we were friends,

But I am sure the LORD will say WELL DONE FAITHFUL SEVANT & ADOPTED Daughter.

We met many times.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for everything you have done Marilyn. What a wonderful legacy you leave behind. RIP dear one. xx

• clarity
    clarity

I hate hearing this ........ tears for Marilyn and for all she stood for.

Tears fall down for so many who have passed .... so many who woke-up

and tried to help ..... gone now ..... but the good they did remains.

• losingit
    losingit

RIP

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Marilyn will be truly missed... I have known her personally for about 25 years.

Randy

Dear friends,

It is with sadness that I write this letter. After almost 28 years of serving the BRCI Ministry and talking to thousands of callers, crying with them, praying with them, sharing their problems, and preaching the gospel of Christ as the only way of salvation, I’m not going to be answering the 1-800-WHY-1914 Help-Line number anymore, and the Help-Line is being discontinued.

Due to serious health problems with both my husband and myself, we are unable to serve in this capacity any longer. My husband who has helped me all these years because I’ve been disabled for quite a while now took care of copying our literature and sometimes had to stand in long lines to mail out our packets of information. Much of this information can now be seen on our website at www.brci.org. My husband will be 82 in January and I’ll be 79 in December. I will miss the Help-Line and it saddens me that it must come to its end.

When we started the B.R.C.I Help-Line, we prayed that this was the Lord’s ministry, He would keep it going and when He felt it was time to leave it go, we would do so. As one of our board members said, “We were an oasis in a desert.” Many people that attended the yearly seminars, as well as callers said, “Your ministry is like someone receiving a fresh cool drink.” I’ve met so many wonderful people from this ministry that I feel I was the one that was blessed.

God willing, I’ll still write articles for our website, and you can call me just to keep in touch and let me know how your life is going, as I would be happy to hear from you. You can reach me at my personal phone at (414) 607-0531.

I will greatly miss all the members of the BRCI board. I’ve learned to love them all, and working together was a pleasure. So, this isn’t “Goodbye.” It’s "See you in the wonderful Kingdom of God.

Love in Christ to all,
    Marilyn Zweifel
    Help-Line Director

Please Note: The information below is retained for historical purposes. As noted by Marilyn above, however, the HelpLine is no longer operational.--BRCI Webmaster

The BRCI HelpLine was implemented in response to the universal need that nearly all of us have when going through difficult times, to talk to someone who can relate to us and who understands our situation. If you call the BRCI HelpLine, Marilyn Zweifel, shown above, will usually get your message. Like all persons associated with BRCI, she receives no salary for her tireless assistance. Marilyn is experienced and sypathetic in giving reassurance and guidance to those who are distressed by their own circumstances or the actions of others.

Anyone calling our toll-free HelpLine may request a packet of information of interest to persons with questions about Watchtower teachings and practices, including subjects such as “Declared Righteous Or Not?”, “The Faithful and Discreet Slave and Jehovah's Witnesses”, “The Prophecy of ‘Peace and Security’”, “Do You Have a Mediator?”, “Baptized into the Organization?” and “Does God Work Through An Organization?” This information will be sent to you postpaid for a suggested contribution of $3.00 to help cover postage and copying costs.

Marilyn, like all those who are called upon and authorized to respond to the BRCI HelpLine, is a former Jehovah's Witness. She is also a professional counselor licensed in Wisconsin. You may reach her by phone at 1-800-WHY-1914 or 414-607-0531 (not toll-free) between 9AM and 5PM Central Time. Calls are, of course, kept confidential.

BRCI Help-Line
    P. O. Box 80203
    Seattle WA 98108-0203 USA
  • mouthy
    mouthy

bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit