Marilyn Zweifel of the 800-why-1914 Helpline passed away yesterday

by coffee_black 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

She was the first ex-JW I ever spoke to - I called the WHY-1914 helpline when I first decided that I had to leave the JWs. I was so scared, but Marilyn reassured me and sent me information to help us sort through our questions.

She will be missed.

• bavman
    bavman

So sorry to hear this. I talked with Marilyn at length on the phone when I was exiting the borg in 2004. She was very helpful and encouraging at the time. Lucky for me she turned out to live nearby in the Milwaukee area. When I was organizing our ex-JW meet ups in Milwaukee several years ago I invited her and her husband to join us. Had the pleasure of meeting her. Really enjoyed her and her husband. We knew many of the same people from the borg. This is a real loss to all ex-JW's but her work lives on. R.I.P. Marilyn and peace be to all your family....

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am also so sorry to hear of this though I did not know her I also heard such great things about her, my thoughts are now with her husband, I hope he has support.

LITS

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

One of. The first actions I ever took on my way out was call why 1914' I had many great conversations with Marilgn. She had a very motherly way about her. She encohraged me to go out there and live life. And I took that advice. Thank you Marilyn and God bless you.

• coffee_black
  • mouthy
    mouthy

George called today while I was out,( message) Said the funeral will be at his Church on Friday
    Misses her terribly!!!! If you call their phone it is Marilyn still answering.Sad!!!

• steve2
    steve2

I never knew her or even of her until I read this thread but I feel moved to convey my sincere and heartfelt condolences to those who loved and knew Marilyn - a woman who by all acounts was loving, kind, empathic and helpful to those who reached out to her.

Too late we sometimes hear about others' brave and courageous efforts to speak to the need to make known TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit