Faders shunned now?

by Sammy Jenkis 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't been shunned. Ran into a jw I have known since school, talked to me normally. But then they don't seek me out either which is great. No social events or movies, etc.

I don't discuss religion with them...my motto is no pearls before swine.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - "'Do you deliberately seek close company with someone who has an infectious disease ? No, if possible you avoid all such contact. Are not those who have ceased to gather with us infected with wrong thinking? We need to avoid becoming infected with their negative and spiritually dangerous ideas.'"

That sounds so Watchtowerish, it's almost creepy.

BTW, I think you're right.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

data dog and Quarterback- must have been a super zealous speaker at my mom's C.A.

Phizzy, two thumbs way up- it's inevitable.

Gingerbread, that was the attitude I experienced during my years as a witness.

Blondie, great motto!

• Mahtaw
    Mahtaw

Either they don't recognize me or I'm being shunned. And I was never even baptized. Had a baby, and went to the district this year for kicks and grins. My aunt was holding my baby and a woman I've known my whole life was going on about my baby to my aunt and completely ignored me. She knew it was my baby from facebook. No congrats, no nothing.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Mahtaw, that sucks- that lady is definitely a "b" word.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you want to have any sort of half decent relationship with your fully indoctrinated family members after you leave a cult, you have to be the last to leave. If you are prepared to put up with a dysfunctional relationship, fade. They get their cult mentality from their cult leaders. The questions they ask you are rote cult questions. You have to stop playing the cult's game. Stop giving it's members the answers they expect. Stop triggering cult responses. If the litteratrash warned against listening to what you are about to say, don't say it. Get clever. Remember every warning the cult ever gave about apostates and the 'tricks' they use and use those warnings to your advantage instead of throwing yourself at the wall they have provided to protect your family from you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mahtaw:

I would have grabbed my baby right out of my aunt's hands. You can't tolerate this kind of disrespect. If this "lady" was any kind of human being, she would have at least cracked a smile in your direction.

She is worse than the "B" word, if you ask me.

You can't let these delusional idiots and their shunning routine take your joy away. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time at any of their assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit