Faders shunned now?

by Sammy Jenkis 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Reminds me of a Bob Marley tune Jammin, but shunnin, shunnin, shunning in the name Borg...sing it to my witless friends, relatives if I ever see them

insot4

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My mom has pretty much cut of contact with me as well :(

• zound
    zound

If someone is not a JW anymore but is a bigtime christian (not associated with any particular religion though) and follows Jesus teachings closely - would I be shunned as an apostate if I 'apostacised' against Jesus Christ - AKA an atheist, would in some cases told people politely that Jesus didn't perform any miracles.

?

Edit: to clarify, that is if they were following the scriptures admonition.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is a combination of self-righteousness and "marking". Many "mark" those who are inactive. Others think inactive people are secretly doing things that could get them disfellowshipped and don't take any chances until they are reactivated. Plus the "bad association" crap whereby those who are not regularly serving joke-hova are "bad association". So far, inactive people can be hounded by the hounders to be reactivated, and they can be hounded by the flock into rejoining. Other than that, they are usually "marked".

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

sammy jenkis, I've also noticed this change in attitude towards faders and those who've been classed as inactive. It is very noticable at the meeting. some witnesses will deliberately come up to me to say hi and walk away without even waiting for a reply. Others go further and look away when I approach them.

So I now link arms with my husband (he is active and in good standing) and join in his conversations . I'm hoping that the GB are going to give us some nu-lite on disfellowshipping at the AGM - ie treat disfellowshipped ones like they are now treating inactive ones and do away with the extreme shunning they practice against disfellowshipped family members. If there is such a change then I will see this as a result of external pressure and exposure. But I may be hoping in vain

• krejames
    krejames

Reminds me of how I used to be. I remember backing off my best friend because she stopped comnig to meetings and going on FS because she was "depressed". I thought she was just trying to find excuses so to my shame I backed off to try and guilt her into reactivating and the friendship faded temorarily. Thankfully it didn't last long because I kept in touch ironically when she moved away. But I remember the judgemental attitude of myself and others.

I also have family members who have sour grapes about people who "play the system" - i.e. fade without Da ing or DF ing - and will ignore them.

Finally a fairly recent CO talk (within last 3 years) directly said to have nothing to do with those who have "fallen away" without being D/Fd or D/A if they were leading an immoral life..heartwarming.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes you can really feel the lurrve with JW's...the hallmark of true Christians.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

My life is none of their business. I don't owe anyone any explanation as to why I don't attend meetings/assemblies/conventions and not going out in field service. None of them pay any of my bills or take any real personal interest in me as a person. I set my own ground rules and have NEVER been intimidated by ANY if them. They can only push your buttons if you allow them to. Don't give them the satisfaction.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

They are not saying to shun faders as they said in a recent WT that they want to reach out to such ones like Jebus did with the wandering sheep...

What they are saying to dubs is those who show by their life course and life style that they don't really believe that these are the last days and the Big A is knocking on your door then they will be viewed as bad association...

• Emery
    Emery

Im a fader and I have been getting shunned by most JWs in my area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit