Faders shunned now?

by Sammy Jenkis 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The same thing has been happening for Decades..

"Shun the Faders"

Time will go by,JW`s forget/can`t be bothered..

Then they get another WBT$ Reminder..

"Shun the Faders!"

....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• free2beme
    free2beme

But when you think about it, doesn't it make sense in mind control. I mean, I am a fader and so is my wife, but we did it to play the system and others have done so too. I even see people asking how it is done and with the loop hole, it leads to a need to fix the bleeding wound and nip it in the bud. So yes, as much as it might irritate ... it is not surprising and makes sense.

• steve2
    steve2

This sort of assembly-inspired hot-and-cold determination to put the hard word on inactive ones has been around in one dreary form or another for decades.Hell, I remember doing it to a few inactive Witnesses I did not like! Ouch! Sometimes the new determination lasts only a week or so until the "thrill" of the convention dims, but sometimes it sticks around like a bad smell and becomes part of one's repertoire of punishments.

How do small minds demonstrate they are loyal to the organization? By making it plain to you that your fading is so bad they now intend to shun you. You are very bad! You need to know that I consider you to be very bad. Take that you bad person!

I can't imagine what it's like to get this type of message from a parent (!) so I feel for you. But I think the extent to which "loyal" witnesses say this to people they intend to shun is very much dependent on their personality: Some people just get a buzz out of treating others in a harsh manner - kind of gives them spiritual goosebumps because it proves how loyal they are. Sad though that parents get off on doing this.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Ask her why she is not following Watchtower directives to reach out to ones who are faders. Then have her read this.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Defianttruth nails it!

You can hang her with the words right from their website, please do it and let us know how she reacts!

• Carzapata832
    Carzapata832

Consider the reaction of the new. It is notable that when they know nothing of this and given the opportunity to know, are shocked, and the irony is that many Jehovah's Witnesses take decades seeing all this without flinching. But all that crap shows the degree of mind control and indoctrination to which they are subjected.

• Scully
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Apparently a fader should be treated as "bad association" given the fact they up and left the holy "truth" to splash around in vomit.

Why the vomit reference?

If you want to fade .... keep your trap shut and just fade. If you tell her why you are fading .... your chances of being shunned go through the roof.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

JW's always pick up and run with any information regarding punishment. Ask them an indepth Bible question....you'll usually get a vague answer or blank stare. Ask them about anything to do with Watchtower policies regarding any kind of punishment, they'll know all about it.

Shunning is the only power JW's are allowed....especially for the sisters.

If I were you I'd let it fade....in a few weeks it'll probably be business as usual if you don't make them draw a line in the sand about it, now.

• steve2
    steve2
    If you want to fade .... keep your trap shut and just fade. If you tell her why you are fading .... your chances of being shunned go through the roof.

Black Sheep, I had thought that but was much too kind to put it that way - but you do hit the nail on the head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit