Abiogenesis - moving on from the Urey Miller Experiment

by cantleave 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

25 years ago when I was studying ICP-MS was the very cutting edge of analysis.

Hmmmm I was wondering how you got two degrees in four years. Ahhaa, you went to uni as a JW. Love to hear that story, thats probably why elder suckup didn't like you as he was dumb and you were educated.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Hey phizzy - I am glad you were kind about my creationist reponse. Thank you for making me feel welcome on this thread

70wks....

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

j-nat thanks for telling me, I have got it going on. It feels good that others view me to have something to contribute. Being a girl scientist (using the word loosly) is difficult in a predominantly male world.

What I found particularly nice about this thread is that although cantleaves knowlegde if this topic is more extensive than mine, he did not dissmiss or undermine my knowledge, and freely admits his lesser experience to mine in other areas. This is truly refreshing.

Thanks everyone for posting lots

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

cofty you said

I think science has great potential to help some JWs see the flaws in the deeply anti-scientific Watchtower.

You have an interesting view that the WT is anti-scientific. I my possibly still indoctrinated state, I feel that when the publications mention science the accuracy from believing biochemists and physicists is pretty accurate. Maybe quotes from credeible world famous scientists have been spun to fit their point they are trying to make, but personally I have found no flaws in the actual science.

Addimitidly my knowlegde of biology is weak, so if there have been basic flaws I don't think I would have noticed.

So cofty, if you get a chance could you site a particular article or publication that you feel was anti-scienfic. I would be interested in reading it again with a more critical outlook

Thanks

70wks...

• KateWild
    KateWild

cantleave,

Good OP very interesting. Good to see two side of the story

Kate xx

• metatron
    metatron

I would recommend a look at Thomas Gold's theory that a high % of Earth's mass is underground bacteria. They have found bacteria at extreme drilling depths ............. and how did that stuff get there?

metatron

• jgnat
    jgnat

Perhaps through a crack in the leaky shale above, metatron?

• metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit