Too many changes mean more changes to come

by Verenda 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Damn ILoveTTATT for stealing my thunder.

Hi ABibleStudent!! Sorry!! Just copying a GREAT IDEA of yours!!

Of course, you are the PRO at welcoming people!! Thanks for all your loving help you give to so many people!!!

ILTTATT

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to the board Verenda

Ask your daughter whats the difference between the Governing Body being directed by Gods holy spirit, as opposed to being inspired by Gods holy spirit.

If the organization of Jehovahs Witnesses were inspired by God , in other words if what they wrote in the Watchtower was under inspiration , their would be no mistakes , no need for adjustments , it would be on a par with the bibles words.

If the organization of Jehovahs Witnesses were writing in the Watchtower under the direction of Gods holy spirit , then the writers could get things wrong time, and time, and time , again , and that apparently wouldnt bother Jehovah too much.

Does that make any sense to any thinking person at all ?

If we are living in the time of the end, which is imminent, just around the corner, almost upon us , according to the witnesses , why would a" God of love" be pussy footing around giving directions that need to be changed every few years . That causes confusion not confidence .

Either Jehovah doesnt know what he is talking about , or the Governing Body of jehovahs witnesses dont know what their talking about.

Who would you put your money on.

smiddy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Hi Verenda.

"So this must mean that no one is going to be destroyed at Armegeddon if everyone is to be judged after it occurs? So who will be destroyed at Armegeddon?This makes no sense at all."

BINGO! Epiphanies are wonderful things. You are absolutely correct to trust your own intelligence, conscience and rationality ahead of absurd and morally repulsive religious contradictions.

You might find this thread interesting: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/251758/1/The-only-thing-a-JW-needs-to-know-to-be-set-free-from-their-religion#.UkKqItKw1IE

Once you come to see that a God of love, supposedly our heavenly father, would never exterminate billions of persons at Armageddon, you can begin to be set free from religious delusion.

Kind regards.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

You are welcome, Verenda / greetings from Romania !

I think it would be good for you to see some Biblical points of view wich hopefully will answer your questions (regarding truth)

TRY HERE ( click here)

wantingtruth.

• prologos
    prologos

welcome! points.

Wt writers have to REMEMBER precisely what they wrote in the past, (but do not want us to read any old stuff), and the reason is:

That only when you speak the TRUTH, you need not remember every word you say, for truth always follow truth, falls in logical line, does not foster fallacies, create contradictions.

That is why we observers see "fresh light" type changes and will observe more to come.

It is either error, or deceit.

If it is error, it would be easy for wt to correct, just apologize, and explain. But

if it is deceit:

it means more changes to come.

overlapping changes.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers" - George Santayana

The WT never asks questions- it only has answers.

Draw what conclusions you wish.

• prologos
    prologos

unknown science writer, paraphrased :

"Our latest answers, do not represent final solutions, but

allow us to ask better questions."

Only cults shun adherents that ask better questions.

they shun them because

cults do not want to admit the existence of better questions, the elephant in the room.

" " " " " " the existence of better questioners. " " " realm.

with more light ( or weighty) changes, there will be more, better, more pointed questions.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Hi Verenda!

I am new here also, and in a similar but different scenario, witnessing to JW's and hoping to eventually rescue my parents and sister, who rushed to get baptized a couple of years ago. My husband and I were bible students, who were never quite able to get past some big red flags.

Now I'm in a real pickle, since my sister started shunning me last fall, for "turning my back on Jehovah."

I was also struck by the new light, and have a renewed hope that this light will turn on some switches in my sister's brain, which has developed a shirt circuit. I'm learning right along with you, and you can read some of my experiences by looking at my posts. (Click my name and then the top of the page will show the option for viewing topics I have started and commented on).

You will find great support and information here. Keep asking, and don't be afraid of questions HERE. It is easy to say the "wrong" thing to a JW, who has been programmed to react involuntarily and unconsciously. Do read Steve Hassan's website, and look for those books about the BITE method. I think you will recognize many similarities between his examples and the JW "teaching" techniques. They are very good at what they do! www.freedomofmind.com

You should also be aware of the upcoming warnings they are publishing, preparing followers to "obey instructions that do not make sense from a human standpoint..." See the following link, for an examination of the November 15 Watchtower magazine, along with great analysis of other current issues in this organization. http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/close-ranks-against-satan-watchtower-prepares-witnesses-for-2014-disappointment

welcome and keep posting!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SMIDDY: why would a" God of love" be pussy footing around giving directions that need to be changed every few years . That causes confusion not confidence.

Don't you realize it's a "sifting"?

Jehovah is sifting out all us misfits lacking the right heart attitude.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit