Discussion w/ Wife: I Welcome Your Suggestions

by breakfast of champions 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sspo
    sspo

Use the same illustration that the watchtower uses with "Babylon the Great"

If you have a glass of water, it looks clean and pure but you find out that someone contaminated it with a few drops of poison,

would you feel safe drinking it?

According to them a religion has to be 100% pure and truthful

• label licker
    label licker

The bible says Jehovah hasn't changed, his words not mine, yet, how many times did these creeps change his thoughts and blame it on the holy spirit? Saying they are spirit directed. The truth does not need to defend itself and it will never change in words nor thoughts. Just the @$$h@le$ who dare to play god themselves and dupe gods sheep. Oh, and now they own all of Christs belongings. Can they steal anymore from what does not belong to them? Greedy you know whats!!!! Can you tell I'm having a bad day?

Get out of her my people if you do not want to share in her sins and plagues. As far as I'm concerned, they have received their rewards here on earth and that's all their going to get. They can have their greed.

• Scully
    Scully

Ask her whether she thinks JWs' preaching efforts would be more fruitful if they stole a page from other religions' playbooks, such as:

• building hospitals
    • providing shelters and clothing for homeless people, battered women and abused children
    • having food banks for the financially impoverished

If she thinks those things are helpful, ask her why the WTS doesn't do any of those things?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't let a JW decide the subject unless they have put their foot in it and given you one that you wanted.

Generally, the subject you should be discussing is the one they have just used a distraction tactic to avoid.

• flipper
    flipper

Congratulations on your wife starting to open her mind up ! Good for her ! And good for you ! I would explain to her after doing research on the Internet that there are MANY different groups of people and individuals who do not believe in going to war- not just JW's. John Lennon for instance was a great pacifist . Many more out there thatI can't think of right now, but if you google it, I'm sure you will find names of people and groups who detest war as well.

As regrds preaching, well Mormons do as someone stated . Other fundamentalist religions also push their literature at colleges, public places, schools, seminars, etc. Witnesses aren't alone in that. So just a couple thoughts

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

The JW idea of their "preaching work" concept is a complete fallacy. The bible gives the idea that one should evangelize and proselytize and 'going out two by two' is one method of this... but ONLY one mehod - and it was not one oten practced by Jesus himself (too busy hanging out with drunks and whores perhaps... lol). Televangelists are following the bible, Mormons do too (perhaps even more accurately because the 'two by two' preaching work was only for a few years while Jesus was alive... not an indefinite occurance).

Mostly people preach the same way they teach their children or train an apprentice: LEADING BY EXAMPLE. It's the best form of teaching and preaching out there. Method of preaching is not a determining factor of whether a religion is right or wrong. That is an extremely petty argument to even bring up.

As for war, the term "conscientious objector" wasn't founded by the witnesses. In fact the first recorded instance of it was 1575. The most famous of it would be the "Hell no, we won't go" chants of everyone burning their draft cards during the Vietnam war. MANY people are against war.

Neither of these things are uniquly Jehovah's Witness oriented, nor are they unique to the religion even though it is presented to the "sheep" as such.

Even today with Syria there are thousands of protests by civilians who would all stand up and say "no" to picking up arms in war... none of who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

What makes the Jehovah's Witnesses unique is that they are the ONLY world wide religion who exclude (disfellowship) brothers through the use of God's actual name.

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness

If you wife seems agreeable about that then show her this end time scripture:

Isaiah 66:5-8

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."There is a sound of uproar out of the city, a sound out of the temple! It is the sound of Jehovah repaying what is deserved to his enemies.Before she began to come into labor pains she gave birth. Before birth pangs could come to her, she even gave deliverance to a male child. 8 Who has heard of a thing like this? Who has seen things like these? Will a land be brought forth with labor pains in one day? Or will a nation be born at one time? For Zion has come into labor pains as well as given birth to her sons.

The True Religion is therefore inside the EX-Jehovah's Witness Community!

If she is having trouble with that show her this scripture too:

Romans 9:25-26

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

‘YOU are not my people, --------------- [Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness

That's what is unique!

abe

• Fernando
    Fernando

Awesome scripture Londo111.

BOC maybe you could ask your wife to explain "legalism" and its exact opposite from the Watchtower library.

(This is a neat way to get her to unknowingly read a brilliant summary of CoC/ISoCF).

• tiki
    tiki

Was it long eons ago in the blue Truth book that they had the list of identifying marks of the true religion? The entire list made up by whom?

JW's are not by any means the only group who are not militarily involved and the whole preaching thing is radically blown out of proportion. Mormons go door-to-door, kids selling stuff to fund extra-curricular activities go door-to-door.....why even satanic little toddlers do for tricks and treats!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses are the best known religion for the preaching work, but what about the content of the message. Have we not preached for decades that the generation who witnessed the events of 1914 and were old enough to understand the significance would not pass away until Armageddon came? Did we not preach door to door that Armagedon was coming in 1975 and then changed it to before the end of the 20th century. Many more doctrine that waschanged was preached door to door. We placed magazines that now contain doctrine we later dramatically changed.

WHY WOULD GOD LET HIS TRUE RELIGION PREACH FALSEHOODS FOR DECADES UPON DECADES? WHY WOULD OUR SALVATION DEPEND UPON OUR PREACHING THESE FALSEHOODS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit