Conversation I had with Elder, "It's Ok To Lie If they don't deserve the truth!" Who created this dogma?

by AuntConnie 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

Blondie, numbers 2 and 4 is what the elders used on a friend of ours who wouldn't sit back and let the elders cover up and inside auto theft ring. He got taken off as elder. There was even a bethelite on that body of elders who said he better get out for these men were too wicked to fight. This bethelite was also the same high minded idiot that said not all scriptures apply to him.

• label licker
    label licker

And the guy who did the stealing was and elder as well as his father, both serving ;on that same body at that time. They are still serving today in that same hall on that same body along with idiot bethelite.

Aunt Connie are you starting to break down? Your starting to sound human. I miss your flare for words.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Condoned lying in the bible

So much for Jehovah being the god of 'truth'.

If god were so committed to truth, as He claims, then the examples Blondie highlighted would have been categorically condemned, not condoned.

Here's a classic example of WT double-speak:

w07 2/1 p. 6 Why Be Truthful?

"Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie"

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I completely agree that whatever pure motives and objectives the early group of brothers used to have in the late 18-hundreds they have gone gradually and totally off the rails. And they show no signs at all of desisting.

I sit and watch in amazement how they go from bad to insane. What they teach now is bordering on the plain ridiculous. Even what little respect fro them I had as a people is gone. They have become a joke..

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Did she tell a lie? No, she did not. She was not a liar. Rather, she was using theocratic war strategy, hiding the truth by action and word for the sake of the ministry.

How is hiding the truth by word AND action not a lie? Where do they get this crap from?

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe it was Jack Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth!"

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

What happened to with hand on Bible; I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.

Is it now?; I promise to withhold the truth where necessary withhold the whole truth as and when and withhold nothing but the truth so help me Satan Father of lies.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

2 wrongs making a right?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Telling the truth has another bonus besides establishing facts and that is the person who tells the truth is found to be reliable and trustworthy .The Borg has strayed so far from telling the truth that they are seen as not trustworthy ,not reliable and it takes some digging in their backyard to get to the facts.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    What happened to with hand on Bible; I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.

Yet again, this illustrates that secular authority/law has a higher standard than WT.

Telling "the whole truth" means you don't leave out details in order to conceal some of the facts.

"Nothing but the truth" means you don't say something that is truthful but then add in details that are not truthful.

You see, secular courts understand that fudging the truth in any manner is not acceptable.

In a secular court, violation of any one of these three aspects of your oath constitutes perjury and is punished.

On the other hand, lying for the WT (or WT lying to JWs) is considered "Theocratic War Strategy" and is applauded as 'righteous' conduct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit