1914 not Christ's Return anymore?

by pacloc 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

User: Are the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses the faithful and discreet slave?

Cleverbot: No. They are not capable.

User: Are they the evil slave?

Cleverbot: They are in the known places but not here in the exact frame of mind.

User: Umm, so they are the evil slave?

Cleverbot: Of course.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Yadda yadda:

what prompted this poster to come here and ask the question as his very first post on this forum. This is great because it means more and more puzzled JW's are turning to the internet to try and figure out what the hell is going on. You can always count on this forum to provide 'the truth about the truth' (TTATT).

He was looking at the public Watchtower for December 2013.

It is good to see that people are asking questions!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Funny how not only does Jesus say 'I will be with you all the days', but also like some one else stated when he does acctually come we will all see it.Its amazing how the awake ones can truly see the bible for what it says and the rest are just blind and stupid.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

For me, it is really hard to get past what the Bible says about the false prophets. Here are a few excerpts from the NWT Bible, that might clarify who you are dealing with, when you listen to the predictions of the Watchtower Society.

Matthew 24:23-25

“23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU.”

Matthew 7:15

“15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.”

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

“20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him."

Matthew 24:30-31

“30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.” (Is he invisible, or do we see him?)

Excerpts From: WATCHTOWER. “New World Translation (bi12) (bi12-E).” Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

The big problem with using a publishing company, to print millions of books and magazines, is that you can't erase your history. Their original declaration was that Christ's reign began in 1874, and all imperfect men would be destroyed in October of 1914. Now they continue to cling to 1914. Go back and research for yourself... They have predicted the end of "this system" as occurring on several specific dates. I'm sure that Charles Taze Russell did not ever think that we'd still be waiting, 130 years later... Sadly, the men in power still cling with desperation to their false prophecy and Have become drunk with power. They can't turn back now.

Do not be afraid of them. Get out while you can! Don't walk... Run! Keep asking questions. You Are wise to seek the truth about the truth. You are safe here, and you are not alone in your confusion.

• designs
    designs

First the flyover then the landing

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It used to be taught that Jesus hurled Satan out of heaven in 1914 which caused the world war and woe to the earth that would get worse and worse until the tribulation started. This was all supposed to happen before the 1914 generation passed away. We all know how that went but does this mean they think Satan is still in heaven and the the Tribulation he will cause on the earth is in the future and the wars etc are just a coincidence? (not that I beleive any of it anyway...fool me twice, shame on me). Isn't all this new a game changer for current JW's ? Sure would be for me but then again, if things are relatively OK for you, one tends to coast along sort of ignoring the convoluted teachings hoping you'll figure it out, in time. It's when you have a personal experience that causes a conflict that you just can't ignore, the house of cards comes tumbling down.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Of course, all this is moot when you consider WT used to teach exactly the same thing as it does now...only that all these events already occurred in 1874:

"The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.
    --the book, PROPHECY p.65 (1929)

"The date of the close of that 'battle' is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874."
    --Watchtower 1/15/1892, p.1355

"The Scriptures show that the second presence [of the Lord] was due in 1874 . . . . This proof shows that the Lord has been present since 1874"
    --Watchtower 3/1/1923, p.67

"Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus is present and has been since 1874."
    --Watchtower 1/1/1924, p.5

I rest my case.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you ADCMS

We the Jury find the those nickle slick clowns in brooklyn guilty of lyin' , jivin' and conivin'

• kaik
    kaik

I do not think, the WT will change the year 1914, the of Christ's return anytime soon, as they can add 120 years to 1914 based on Gen 6:3, which will give them another 20 years to work. Until 2034 they have a sufficient time to come up with a new explanation. There will be a huge generational change with JW organization as the old folks will die and who remembered the WT 1984 publication about the generation that would never die; and the younger generation within the organization will not even aware of it.

• pacloc
    pacloc

If you look at their website under the brief description it says:

"What is the purpose of Christ’s return? In what manner will he return, and what will he then do?"

The wording is future tense.

Then I did a search in their online library for "1914 invisible return" and an article called "How Does Jehovah Direct His Organization?" appears stating that he did in fact return in 1914.

By the way, I am no longer a JW, I left Feb 2012 and am now a happy Catholic. I still worry about the JW's because my parents and siblings are still in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit