1914 not Christ's Return anymore?

by pacloc 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kepler
    kepler

Hmmm, I think I follow that, I think. Arriving and then leaving. And then returning and leaving again. To return... etc.

So where has he been. Or when he arrives where did he come from and when he leaves where does he go?

How does this affect communication?

Does the quality of life here on Earth change considerably between arrivals and departures visible or invisible? Does history take a different turn? Visible presence I can see some impact, yes; but the announced invisible arrivals and departures I only observe individuals forcibly trying to draw my attention to the imperceptible as well, even more elusive than climate change or global warming to someone living on the coast at the equator.

In the more recent cases of invisible arrival and departure, how was it perceived? Granted, since I am of the lower forms (non GB, non-annointed, non-baptised in the faith) or simply the target, a simple householder, I cannot perceive the invisible passages. But I am supposed to take the assurances of the GBs and their printed productions that Christ has returned and left and will return again, I guess, to pick some things up that were left behind.

The title Witness implies testimony, but name Witness also denotes observation. How can you witness an event that you cannot observe or sense? By reasoning a linkage among apocalyptic writings, numerological interpretations and pyramid corridors that supposedly represent ages of creation?

The GB and the like do not profess to have any senses that I do not have, but just a sensitivity to these passages and reams of paper for printing presses plus a distribution system similar to Walmart's or McDonald's...

And a penchant for declaring whatever might suit them as they stare out from a corner of a larger room where they are waiting for the paint to dry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit