New Light not accepted by all..

by Dis-Member 41 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

A JW mind being enlightened is like the sound of popcorn popping.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

That's a fair point Searcher but still I can not any longer feel pity for people blind themselves deliberately.

I personally have never preached, taught or promoted any governing body ever in any time I was in there. When I did my door knocking i only ever spoke about love.. God.. Jesus and the Bible.. nothing else. I could not because I did not believe it myself.

Even when I did my baptism questions i told them I did not relate to any kind of 'governing body'. Only God. i have never changed this view. Yet they still let me get baptised. I told the elders that I do not even recognise my baptism. I had no relationship with God what so ever at teh time... I did not believe in the organisation, and I'm sure I was sinning my ass off back then as well. How on earth could I be ready for something like baptism. Yet down that path I was steered.

Ridiculous.

Appointed by holy spirt? Even more ridiculous..

• designs
    designs

Take heart people do get tired of having their chained pulled. 1995 and the 'generation new light' woke a lot of us up.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

"That's what I always believed, actually! It just makes so much sense."

This, I believe, will be the reaction that most JWs will have. Very, very sad but brainwashed minds will not allow them to go beyond just parotting off the answers at the WT study, shrugging their sholders, shelving any questions or doubts, and moving on.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Dis-Member: T heir reply: 'the evidence points to the fact'

And just what EVIDENCE would that be exactly?

• sir82
    sir82

I've said it before.....

Doctrine does not matter one whit any more to JWs. They simply don't care what the "offical" teachings are (much less know them).

Here's what's important:

-- I get to live forever in a seaside mansion and pet pandas & koalas "soon"

-- I get to see Gramma again when she is resurrected

-- I get to have what appears to be a meaningful purpose in life now

-- I get to have contact with friends & family who are also JWs

Hmm....what's the common thread in those points? Maybe the first 2 words?

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

So true sir.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well said Sir.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The pioneers at your encounter are typical. No non-Witness on the street is going to tell them what their doctrine is. They must be wrong if they say something other than what they "KNOW."

Even if the doctrinal change was covered, they often don't know it. I remember a 45-minute talk by a visiting elder once that was all "old light" from before the 1995 generation change. I was the chairman and after the talk, I simply read a paragraph from the '95 Watchtower to let the audience know that they just wasted 45 minutes on his talk. I said absolutely nothing about the old light in the talk, but everyone caught why I read that information. The speaker was ready to tear me a new ---hole, but he knew he didn't update his talk.

So your pioneers will stumble across a correction in their view sooner or later from the platform, which will let them know they zoned out when it was first covered. They will, like my visiting elder, be kind of upset. In your case, they will think of that non-Witness on the street that was right.

There is an occasional JW that doesn't accept new light. They often wind up as ex-JW's. But before I believe a JW "rejects" new light, I would assume they just haven't kept up with the celestial chariot.

• adamah
    adamah

Dis-member said-

When I pointed out the exact Watchtower that is available for all the world to see on JW .ORG they just closed their ears and simply stared at me wide eyed, silent, stunned and speechless while chewing their sandwiches and acting like I did not exist. The confusion and brain stopping numbness was painful to watch. That was then end of the conversation.

Did they PHYSICALLY close their ears like the "hear no evil" monkey (i.e. they all covered their ears with their hands)? That's funny, as that's EXACTLY what they were instructed from the podium at the most-recent summer assembly to do when encountering an apostate, and you likely revealed you were an apostate by asking about new FDS policy (that's not exactly an issue that a non-JW on the street is going to ask them about, much less be aware of recent changes in policy, LOL!).

Just realize that kind of heads-on approach is not likely to be effective for anything more than triggering an amusing-to-watch defensive posture, so if you're trying to free their minds from the cult, a more-subtle approach would stand a better chance of penetrating before the barriers get raised. You might be thinking, "well what do I care about doing THAT?" but realize it MAY be the family member(s) of someone posting on JWN, and THEY'D appreciate it if you helped liberate their family member(s) (rather than simply strengthening their defensive barrier triggering "thought-stopping" mechanisms).

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit