What major WTBTS change(s) do you predict for 2014?

by ABibleStudent 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

What major WTBTS change(s) do you predict for 2014 to celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the WTBTS's 1914 prediction?

After posting to What's in it for them? (GB), I started to think what major change(s) could the WTBTS make to thin the flock and cleanse the congregations of social JWs who do not donate or go to meetings.

My premise is that the WTBTS is a business, a dangerous cult, and that its printing operations are losing money. I feel that the WTBTS will either start to require that JWs tithe at least $2/wk/publisher in G20 countries (~ $400 million/yr of income), and/or only print the simplified edition Watchtowers/Awake! propaganda.

If the WTBTS starts requiring tithing, it is only a small step from when the WTBTS asked publishers to donate to help pioneers come home for conventions. Also the Mormon Church (another dangerous cult) requires that mormons must tithe a portion of their income to be mormons. The WTBTS could spin a cover story that the money is necessary to continue the "World-Wide Work" (ensure that the GB and Bethelites can retire at Warrick, NY) to offset increased printing costs or to reduce printing as much as it currently does. Of course, the WTBTS will also increase its internet presence to make sure that JWs are properly fed, as well as be able to delete/alter any content as needed to protect its image.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Hmm.. A tithing would weed out apostates in a hurry! Donating to the Pedophile Defense Fund is usually the first thing to go, tearing up the blood card being the second.

Refuse to pay? Apostate. Easy.

Personally I like the idea of them dropping the 144000 number as literal. That way the whole thing can be figurative, and they can interpret the chapter as they please To make it still all tie together. Plus it is a big embarrassment to them IMO.

• Laika
    Laika

Hey Robert

If they change the 144,000 doctrine as literal and release a new bible at the AGM as has been predicted, I really can't see them implementing any other major changes in the short term, too many big chances might raise too many concerns.

Perhaps if the new bible loses them big money they'll consider ways to raise extra revenue but I don't think they'll jump straight to a mandatory tithe.

We'll see eh! I don't think anyone would have predicted the ridiculous 'overlapping generations' doctrine before it came out, so who knows!

• Skbj
    Skbj

How about changing the belief that "that 1914 generation won't die before the end"?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

They already have a form of tithing with supporting the traveling overseers' fund each year. Nobody complained about the per publisher in the cong fee to support the health insurance and auto expenses to the branch. The GB could easily come up with another manditory reason for congs to give money to the branch.

• sir82
    sir82

Send us more money!

Listen obey and be blessed!

We speak for God - to question us is to spit in the very face of Jehovah! You worms!

Oh wait - you said changes for 2014.

Can't think of any - sorry.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Either combine the Watchtower & Awake into ONE magazine to cut costs, or even better, stop printing the Awake altogether, because it's now surplus to requirements - it quotes Scriptures as much as the Watchtower, almost. Its genre of information could be included in the Public Edition Watchtower without increasing the amount of pages. I think the word which is bandied about in Org conversations is, 'consolidation'; yes, that's it!!

Saves money in many areas. Watch this space.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The King of the North will finally be identified as Ulysses S. Grant and the King of the South as Robert E. Lee

Rub a Dub

• breakfast of champions
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

b o c ...

Yes, the King of the North/South has already been fulfilled.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit