Posting personal information

by Simon 34 Replies latest forum announcements

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Well the vigilante side of me says good for you. Just as long as it's recognized for what it is. Never liked him, never will. But even assholes get lawyers! Hmm, maybe I should be an asshole. I mean lawyer. Close enough.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Well, I think we can all see wiz for what he is now. Comparing apples to oranges.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    But I know of online sites, especially email, who will refuse information to Police for even people accused of serious crimes.

Naeblis,

They may refuse it, but once an easily obtained court order is issued for the production of such evidence, failure to comply results in contempt sanctions, up to and including incarceration. How many site operators are willing to go to jail for their principles in this regard?

The bottom line is, those who think it's ok to intentionally inflict harm upon others by disclosing the private details of others online without their consent deserve to be deactivated on this forum and also deserve whatever adverse legal consequences their conduct causes. If it happened to me, Simon's deactivation of the perpetrator's account on this forum would be the least of that person's worries.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Hey, I'm not wearing any pants either...............

• waiting
    waiting

Lord! So much has been established on this thread.....particularily the comfy fact that Nae isn't wearing pants.

Simon, if a person is an employee, using company time and company computer to browse the Internet - agreed, most companies don't like it. In fact, many have programs to figure out just where their employees are browsing, and tell said employees that to try and prevent the browsing.

For someone to come here with intent to harm - I agree - "sod" turning the other cheek. Either they stop hurting others, or get them to leave.

At least you warned him......other forums just kick people off if they don't like them or their history.

Sidepoint I was under the impression that this site was costing you $200. per month to run, which you and Ang. pay. Of course, this doesn't include the pleasure of coralling us.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit