What is happening in Mexico?

by ILoveTTATT 49 Replies latest jw friends

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

The main problem is that many of these English congregations in Mexico don't need to exist in the first place. Some of them may have 50 people attending, and every single one of them speaks Spanish fluently. Or the only ones that don't shipped themselves in to 'serve where the need is great.' Problem is, there are practically zero native English speakers in their territory. Outside of a few retirement spots and resort areas, there are very few native English speakers in Mexico.

Just about all of these congregations exist due to an artificial 'need' that a few local witnesses (or transplants) have dreamed up.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

gee I find that interesting

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A few years ago the overall number of congregations in Mexico started dropping. It's a rather odd phenomenon I've not seen for any other country in the statistics. Even countries where publisher numbers have declined don't have falling congregation numbers, and the publisher number has never declined in Mexico.

• label licker
    label licker

We knew of two families that went down to Mexico and were back up here within the year. The people will listen if you teach them english first then they are gone. And society knows that so lets use the english ones time and money(not tell them) and we'll build a bunch of halls down there so we can sell them off. Free labour and more investments made. Yet, where did society send single sisters four years ago where there was no work but down east to Vogel Island where noone wants the religion and absolutely no money. They didn't care about the wellfare of these young sisters and yet why there? Society can't get anything more out of the poor which these girls were as well as the Island. They ended up coming back within three months for they couldn't live. Society didn't care.

Look at some of the indian reserves out west. We had friends who drove 24hrs just to get up there and say their living conditions were deploreable. Most of the time they were looking for sober ones to witness to which was hard to find. These people have nothing to live for but getting drunk and high. They are witnessed to once every seven to ten years and still nothing to this day. You won't see these gb members take a holiday there to help spread the word. There's no money to be made there!

• hoser
    hoser

I always thought going where the need was greater was a joke. Leave Icicle, Alaska pop 2000 with 20 in the hall to go somewhere warmer and more exciting is what I think it is all about. You get more assembly parts that way

• Gayle
    Gayle

Too many U.S. JWs going to Mexico to "serve where the need is greater." Haha. Pub. to population in Mexico 2012 is one pub per pop. of 150. U.S. stat is one pub per pop. 262!

The need is 'greater' in the U.S. now. Haha. The "English" congs. not increasing. The 'English' need help.

The WTS want those who are retiring or whatever to keep their money in U.S. because the WTS wants/needs their money more!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I have a friend in Hague Netherlands [Holland], that told me the branch there is selling off their 2 large assembly halls and building 1 smaller one and they are closing down ALL of their foreign speaking congregations INCLUDING the English ones. They will only have the Dutch congregations. Interesting.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why they would close down foreign language congregations I have no idea.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The congo's in Mexico exist because the WTBTS wanted property. The Mexican JW's have a right to feel offended by ignorant Americans who breeze into their country as " need-greaters ", but live a posh lifestyle compared to their Mexican Brothers and Sisters. I am sure they are also tired of JW pedo's fleeing to their country. Also, it must be annoying to have the " great white hope " Elders and MS families come to your country, disrespect your culture, force you to dress like a cult-member, flash money around, go shopping with some tracts in your $300.00 purse and call it Missionary work. Places like Mexico, Peru, Guatemala, are all becoming retreats for middle-aged Janitors and Window washer Elders and their close-minded, American JW families. I would be pissed if people like that came into my neighborhood and drank my booze. Those other people really live there! They are washing the sheets, and the dishes at the resorts that fat lazy dubs frequent. Jws are also the worst tippers..no wonder they are pissed.

The really sad thing is that people only tolerate the extreme BS because they believe the WTBTS is being exclusively used by GOD. Brother Whitey Mc Touch-n-junk molested little Timmy again, let's just wait on Jehovah's FDS. They will fix it. The WTBTS is also restructuring like crazy. I am sure there is a method to the madness. Perhaps other countries are no longer putting up with the WTBTS. The hate-speech and parasitic behavior is wearing thin, like a harlot who has lost her looks and charm. She will no longer be tolerated so it's time to flee to the U.S, where freedom of Religion still exists, and mob justice is a rarity. Other countries don't put up with the same level of crap that the we do. We already know the GB are printing paranoid articles, they know the media is onto them. That is precisely why these timely spiritual articles are being prepared.

Trust none of your Brothers who spek out against the Organizations wrongs! Turn them in, shun them! Ignore the factual stories in the media! Give us your money!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

DATA-DOG you are correct. Also, the perks of living the resort life-style loses its luster when you have to contend with drug cartel goon shake-downs and other unpleasant realities like kidnapping, getting fingers surgically "aputated" by Mexican doctors on the cartel payroll and such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit