What is happening in Mexico?

by ILoveTTATT 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have heard that a lot of the English congregations in Mexico are shutting down... they are condensing 5 congregations into one, or in some areas even disbanding the only English congregation. JW's who have been living in Mexico for many years and probably were sheltered by being in the English congregations will now have to move to Spanish congregations...

Anyone else know about this? What could be the cause behind this?

ILTTATT

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Do the KHs sit on property that has significantly appreciated??? If so there is your answer. Sell the Halls and pocket the tax-free profit . As for the English speaking dubs in Mexico...... tuff luck. Learn Spanish or go home. They couldn't care less either way!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

... No, the halls would be the same that the Spanish congregations use... So it does not seem to be money-related.

It is just weird that they develop the English field in Mexico and suddenly, out of the blue, they disband congregations!!

Something is up... but I have no clue what it is!

As to English-speaking dubs who never learnt Spanish while living for years in Mexico, that just pissed me off...

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

My dad is in Mexico (english congregation). He'll be visiting soon, I'll keep my ears open.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

A big selling point of tribe studies in the English congs is that it will help the student learn and practice English. May e they are tired of giving free English lessons to people who speak Spanish just fine anyway?

Besides, the white folks who go vacation pioneering like to party a bit more than the locals, maybe a bad influence?

My family and I went to Mexico for a few months years back... They pioneered, I partied!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The foreign field..in English!!! LOL!!!! This is the biggest joke of all. JWs can spend their own money to move to a foreign counrty and don't have to learn a language! So you get to be a super spiritual witness in everyone's mind, while usually living in the nicest areas of a "foreign" territory. I may do this some day. I will hang out in a nice coastal South American town, go diving, eat great food and talk to Americans!

• steve2
    steve2

Maybe there have been mass disfellowshippings for drug-related activities? But why is it predominantly English congregations? Good question!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Captain obvious: I LOVED the parties in Mexico!! So much fun!!

Data dog: Like you said, English in Mexico is a joke...

steve2: Can you elaborate?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

An educated sister from Mexico told me the local brothers and sisters feel that many in the English speaking congo's act and dress shameful and they are embarrassed to have them in their Country.

LoisLane

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

An educated sister from Mexico told me the local brothers and sisters feel that many in the English speaking congo's act and dress shameful and they are embarrassed to have them in their Country.

I suspect many English-speaking publishers living in Mexico are not there for the primary purpose of expanding Kingdom Interests. They are there to enjoy the benefits of having a nice, comfortable retirement or investment income from the US and take advantage of the lower economy of Mexico. They are able to live a much grander lifestyle and probably seem very materialistic to the local brothers. And, would I be right in thinking that the English-speaking segment of Mexico are a lot of folks (non-JW) from the US that live like they're on a Cancun vacation everyday? If so, the JWs probably party on right along with them.

LICK IT, SLAM IT, SUCK IT!

Whick of course, leads to other problems.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit