Am I in a "cool hall " or what?

by ?me? 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ?me?
    ?me?

still occasionally turn in time (an hour or 2) every few months, cuz hey, talking about being a witness to someone is witnessing , right? but the sec. always bugs us and emails us for our time, but we never give it to him, instead we put it in the box at the hall. IT IS VOLUNTARY, RIGHT?...

TY, dont get the wrong idea, we are not crazy people, (partying and such), we just have differing views on a few things and dont intend on checking with the insight book every time we want to make a personal decision...

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I walked the same tightrope as you for the past couple of years. Last spring the brother in charge of our 'service group' called for our time. He then qualified his question with 'not that you show up for service anymore'.

Now I don't report any service time (real or imagined).

ginger

• besty
    besty

be true to yourself and it will all make sense

fake lives are a bitch...

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

You and the Mrs. are the reason the GB is ramping up their hate campaign to include those within the congregations still attending. The Dec 15, 2013 Watchtower calls those like you "deciples of disorder", They HATE that you don't play by all the rules and worse, you are no longer making contributions. You are taking up space and wearing out the carpet without assisting with the work. If you can stomache it, and ONLY IF you don't have children, I say knock yourself out. Just be aware that you may be making things worse for true believers.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

?me? , your cool!

• cantleave
    cantleave

It sounds like you have got it about right - but the question is, do you contribute financial to this filthy little cult? If you do, it doesn't matter how little you do, or how under the radar you are, you have a guilt to bear. If don't contribute financially -

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Stopping contributing is always the first to go.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

As for the RBC, I'm not sure who checks the stats, but I've been inactive most of the year and just had two email invites in the past week for a project in the next town.

Funny how much has changed in two years. Back then I was giddy about getting my RBC assignment and couldn't wait to volunteer my time.

Each hall is different.

• hoser
    hoser

I have a engineer friend who doesn't put in a report and still gets invites to hall builds. I really don't think they care

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

The RBC doesn't follow up after you are approved the first time. Just ignore the invites.

?me? I think if you lived closer to us we'd be buds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit