Reasons why we hate JW's (as an org)

by ashitaka 63 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Puffs, you and my Mom should get together:)....I always wondered that too. Why not pants?

It's obivous.....

Toothless Elder: 'dem womens should be preggers and barefeet!:):):)

ashi

• Xenu
    Xenu

ashtika:
    Dress and grooming can indeed be a cuase for stumbling. You suggeted
    that the the Jehovah org (as the title of your thread suggests) controls every aspect of your life. The Jehovahs are supposed to be reasonable in all aspects. I do not deny that certain ones may go overboard in an effort to protect the congergation.

Puffsrule:
    I have observed many females wear pants to work.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

X- I am not talking about going to work!!!!!

Why during door to door activities when it is freezing and windy outside? Why? Why? Why?

I love the way questions like that are sidestepped.

Pants at work....as a cleaning lady? Maid outfits went out of style after the Beverly Hillbillies.

Pants at work are considered fine...you dress for your occupation.

The bottom line is pants during going door to door and rags on heads when praying when a penis is in the room.

Please address.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Ha hah ahahaaahaa! Xenu you remind me of the cop in South Park that stands in front of A. Aliens mutilating cows, B. Massive car wrecks, etc, and says "Move along, nothing to see here!" LOL

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

puffs, you must respect the penis! How is the penis going to feel if you pray without a towel on your head???

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Xebu-it does control them, reread my last post. Notice this entire paragraph you so conveniently glazed over...

When you apply that same situation to choice of friends, entertainment, talking styles, preaching styles, car styles, education choices, etc, this becomes a dangerous intrusion into the lives of the parishoners.

Also, as to your comment on puffsrule, the WORKPLACE is one thing. PREACHING is another. I'll be damned if I EVER heard of an elder approving of a woman wearing pants out in service because of the cold.

So, Xero, unless you having something intelligent to say, don't post on my thread.

ashi

• Xenu
    Xenu

Puffsrule:
    I do not, at this time, know any Jehovahs cleaining laides. However the slaves of Elohim I know, wear what is considered "pants suits" to work and and Jeans on casual Fridays. The dress and grooming of spiritual activites is often determined by the custom of the community. One must question the sensibleness of going door to door when it is freezing and windy outside. One congergation colporteur suggested that it shouldnt be done becuase this in itself would give a bad impression.

• Xenu
    Xenu

ashtika:
    The correct id I have is Xenu, not Xebu or Xero. You accuasation that I have nothing intelligent to say will be viewed as an attack. There fore I will no longer reply to your posts and ask that you do the same to mine. As to your belief that this is "your thread". Unless you are issuing certificates of permission to post on certain threads this will be viewed as a public forum.

• termite 35
    termite 35

The way the 'Young pure ones who are hunting for a husband 'dress;when they spill out of the KH into my local Sainsburys on a sunday lunchtime it looks like the Annual Prostitute Convention!
    Girls;girls-have a little self respect...you look so DESPERATE!

• AMarie
    AMarie

Xenu:

You say that dress and grooming can indeed be a cause for stumbling. This can be true if a youth shows up to the Kingdom Hall with Green Hair and facial piercings. But I don't think that's the case with Ashitaka. He's talking more about minor things, such as the ties he wears.

I know in my hall, one boy wasn't allowed to carry microphones because his shoes weren't patent leather. At age 11, I was pulled aside by an elder because I was wearing a demin skirt!!! At one time, I wore wool dress pants to the meeting since I didn't have time to change after work and had the whole congregation talking.

And as Ashi said, if you apply this mentality to all aspects of your life, it crosses the line from trying to worship god the right way into being controlling and cult-like.

AMarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit