Reasons why we hate JW's (as an org)

by ashitaka 63 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

My first reason is the fact that I was being controlled through the JW social structure, and having to fight to do anything....even whether to wear a tie or not.

The preoccupation with appearance was so debilitating; that was all I was ever concerned with. And, as I'm not attractive, good in sports, or a conformist, I had very few friends. People just didn't like me, put labels on me. It changed me.

Reason #1-control over every aspect of living, even down to the ties you wear.

I could not see any God being concerned with what ties we wear....isn't this supposed to be the same fella who created the universe?

Pettiness? Delusion?

I'm sure you guys have more reasons.

ashi

• Gopher
    Gopher

#2 They claim to be God's sole spokesman for this planet, and yet they teach the commands of men as doctrines, proving their heart is far removed from what God and Jesus are supposed to represent. Their harsh shunning of ex-members, and their manslaying and confusing "no blood -- with a few exceptions for certain fractions" doctrine are two examples.

#3 The gossip and slander that is commonplace among JW members worldwide shows a lack of love and sickness at the heart of the organization.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Xenu
    Xenu

ashitaka:
    There is no control over every aspect of living. There is no benefit to spreading such falsehoods.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

#4 They are very hypocritical and two-faced to people that are not JWs. They portray a nice facade and play the "Mr. Nice Guy" or "Miss Nice Girl" charade. They only befriend non-JWs so just to convert them. When non-JWs are not converted, they are regarded as bad associations and not "friends", but "acquaintances". What a bunch of hypocrites!

• neyank
    neyank

Hi ashi,

I wouldn't say I HATE the WTS, but I will say I strongly disagree with some of their teachings.

One of the main teachings I have a problem with is their claim to be Gods visable Orginization on earth.
    Even with all the blunders the WTS has made over the years, they still have the gall to tell the r&f JWs that they (the WTS) are the ones God is using to spread His truths.
    And if the r&f JW doesn't obey without question.................
    well you know what the WTS says............

Watchtower ,Aug 1st 1981 say
    Your attitude toward the wheat like anointed "brothers"of Christ will be the determining factor as to whether you go into "everlasting cutting off"or to receive "Everlasting life ( Math 25:34-36
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Watchtower,July 15th 1991 says
    these anointed Christians are ambassadors for Christ, SUBSTITUTING for Christ.

Thanks to mouthy for posting these quotes.
    See mouthy, your research was worth it.

neyank

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Xenu-watch your mouth...God hates liars.

I've personally had these things happen to me, so unless you're willing to step out on the mat and question my honesty, go right ahead.

And saying that 'it's just the sins of men', an excuse which I heard many times in my abuse as a JW, is a silly copout.

Control is their goal.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

As to the rest of you guy's posts...good reasons, especially Gophers.

N-I know what you mean, but I do hate now, because they've done things to me, my family and my friends that I can't forgive.

Also, good quotes.

ashi

• Xenu
    Xenu

Ashtika:
    Yes the Elhohim, does indeed hate those who spread falsehoods. And all who do not repent will be subject to Yeshua. I am not sure what you mean by "stepping out on the mat", however you can be assured that
    that there is no control over every aspect of living. I am sure the Jehovahs do not call the leaders of the WTS to determine what tie should be worn, as you suggested.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

There are too many to list.

Xenu-why do woman have to wear skirts all the time? What about when it is really cold out...like on a day in Chicago (the windy city) during the winter and you are a child out in a skirt, going door to door? Why Not Pants? What is so bad about pants? Will the men think we are trying to take over?

Why the rag on the head when we pray? If a male child is in the room, the woman will put a paper towel, paper napkin, etc. on the head to show respect....to a CHILD who happens to have a penis. WHY???!!!

Gopher brought up great points.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Xenu, your simplicity is astounding. Call the WTBTS? No.

The elders themselves take control of this. What better way to avoid responsibility than to give it to the congregation themselves?

This is what happens. Elder A doesn't like a certain type of fashion, although it is not thought to be unacceptable by most Witnesses.

Elder A tells Elder B that this dress stumbles him. Elder A says he considers this disrespectful to Jehovah. (Invoking God's name is a clever way to control someone.)

Elder B counsels a Publisher who wears this type of dress, although there is nothing wrong with it.

Elder A controls Publisher through his opinions, which happens very often.

Now, that is a very unimportant example.

When you apply that same situation to choice of friends, entertainment, talking styles, preaching styles, car styles, education choices, etc, this becomes a dangerous intrusion into the lives of the parishoners.

Get it? This is not OFFICIALLY santioned by the WTBTS, but since imperfect, ego-greedy men are given this power to control, only bad can come from it, and I've seen it all over.

You cannot question my honesty on this matter. It happened to me, many, many times.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit