A VERY SPECIAL THANKYOU TO THIS BOARD!

by VioletAnai 61 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making me see that I'm wasting my time being in a world of bitter, twisted, self-absorbed people and helping me to wake up to the BENEFITS of being a Jehovah's Witness!

If any of you come back with the ol - The JW's are full of bitter, twisted, people (in the most stupid arse voice of course!), I'll reply, yeah, but not as rampant as the rest of the world.....call me crazy if you like, I don't care, because it's my SALVATION I'm worried about not yours....you've thrown it away because you can't see the bigger picture....trials and tribulation will always abound in this day and age...it is proving like Job that we are not discouraged by the trials that gains us the most happiness because we know the trials won't go on much longer and Jah will repay us 100 fold for our pain....THAT'S A DAMN GOOD REWARD TO ME!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

<yawn>

You seem pretty angry for being one of God's loving people.

Why continue to yell and proclaim so adamantly people here are so bad? Go find some other Bible studies and fellow JW and play the Bible Card Game.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Beans
    Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

We love you too Violet, check out our site and read some interesting Watchtower Quotes!

Beans

• terafera
    terafera

What I've never understood and will never understand...

is why, when someone decides to go back to being a JW, do they spout hate and venom? It seems so 'unchristian' and yet, that is the very thing they are claiming to be!

I'm not saying I've never considered going back.. I have. But even if I did go back, I would never, ever come to this board and call people names and spout out how I am going to live and everyone is going to die..how they are all self absorbed. I mean..... Come ON!!!! Have a little respect for your fellow humans!!! R E S P E C T?? Get it?

Even Jesus tells us to love our enemies, yet you come here and hatefully judge others who choose not to live as you do.
    Get a life girl!

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Dear Violet:

I'm not bitter, twisted or self-absorbed, (well maybe a little bit twisted). But you certainly have a right to remain in the WTS and if that is your desire then it matters not to me.

My opinion is that the WTS has twisted scripture and decieved it's followers for well over 100 years now and personally, I'm glad to be free of it. I'm also glad to be free from attending meetings, assemblies and other JW requirments where lies are taught and the people attending are self-righteous twits. I know, because I used to be one of them. All in all, I'm better off now. But hey, each of us has to find our own sense of security and fulfillment.

You have my best wishes.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Was I bitter and self-absorbed, Violet, when I said:

An organization is as only as good as the MEN in it.
    That being said, your baptism will signify that you understand that you will be associated with "Jehovah's Spirit-Directed Organization", and are expected to abide by such with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. When you say "Yes" to that, you've signed the dotted line, so to speak.

Interesting, you did mention becoming "stronger" and "wiser"; this is true, certainly in the context of any suffering and tribulation, etc. In taking your own spiritual journey, on this earth, never forget that.

Personally, my experience IN the JWs has made me stronger and (I hope) wiser as to my spiritual life-course. One aspect has been the struggle between loyalty to God, and loyalty to one's religion.

If you ever come to this Crisis of Conscience, I'm sure Ray Franz could help. In my mind, he is the epitome of one REALLY searching for truth, and struggles not to compromise, while not trashing what journey he already took as a Governing Body member for nine years.

Like you said, it made him too "stronger" and "wiser".

Did you even hear out what I had to say?

• Imbue
    Imbue

Violet why don't you join greatcrowd.net and see if you really would fit in with the JWs.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I most certainly did not throw away my salvation! I sold it, for this multi-colored coat. Sheesh! I may be fleshly, but I'm not wasteful.

Now why is it you believe a man named Job really existed?

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I'm not trying to be venomous, but I'm getting mighty frustrated that people keep putting words into my mouth or just getting plain and nasty with me simply because I want to be a jw....it's very sad.

I started threads out of curiosity and I only eva want other peoples opinions (otherwise why would I bother putting them here?) not to cause a frigging flame war....some would like to see it otherwise. I can't help it if certain ones take my posts personally or the wrong way, but I can't be pleasing everyone now can I! And anyway, most of the noisest ones on my threads are the ones who dominate the board and think that it is their personal possession! AND OF COURSE THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT! Toss, toss.....

Beans - I luv yer site, it's very informative and a great research source!!!!!!!!!!

It was a joke! And you fell for it like the fascists you are! - Rick - The Young Ones

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Uh oh.....sounds as if somebody's afraid that they'll become buzzard bait. Yep....the good, old save-my-own-butt reason for remaining in a cult. Annnndddd.....let's just throw stones at those who are brave enough to think....really think....about what the cult is purporting to teach. Safer that way....much safer...don't have to think for yourself....just slap a label on those who disagree and crawl back into the womb.

After all, what do you have to lose? Except your life....the only one you'll ever get....in the quest for paradise-on-a-stick (keeps them out there pushing literature, donchaknow).

Enjoy....it's your decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit