Violetanai's baptismal party - all invited

by Marilyn 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Abaddon, Actually Violet's comment about being a rebel isn't too far off base. A book I read about the Moonies once commented that people who join cults are trying to be non conformists, different, unconventional etc. It's a thought that has stayed with me.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah, the ultimate irony. One who desires to be different and a non-conformist is drawn to a group where conformity is taken to new heights, and any deviation from the "norm" results in expulsion.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Marilyn; Yeah, I tried to convince myself that JW's were somehow special because they stood out. I succeded for a while. But I couldn't carry on kidding myself.

I like Violet, I sincerely hope she doesn't return to the Borg's vomit. I hope this is some final struggle against the programming, where she is saying one thing whilst really feeling another; I've seen it before... someone becomes most resolute shortly before allowing themselves to accept what they already know... like breaking a fever almost.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations, VioletAnai!

Baptisn is the first step to becoming an XJW.

See ya 'round, Babe!

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Vi,

Perhaps you may benefit at this point to read Eclesiastics 6,5.

Even if one does not believe in the Bible, could benefit by reading Ecl. Then, stay away for a while from this board. Everyone here have only tried to help you.... Love and friendship,

Yadira

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Oh, Viloetanai does dope. Now I understand why she wants to be a JW. From one addiction to another (drugs to religious opium).

To each his/her own.

• SYN
    SYN

OMG. OMG. OMG.

There, I said it three times. Am I going to die at Armageddon now?

Sheesh, I was extremely surprised when I sat down to have a bite to eat and opened JW.COM, and saw all these threads. Good God.

This post will probably resemble War & Peace by the time it's done!

There is so much to say.

VioletAnai: You've always been such a nice poster that I've even interacted with on a couple of occasions - and now this? I thought you were cool! It's like a kick in the face, honestly. After all the hard work of people who have been exposing the underbelly of the BOrganization, and you just ignore it.

Farkel may be a little caustic at times, but he sure as hell is right. Although I personally wouldn't go as far as calling you a troll (more like light entertainment), you are showing all the aspects of trollish behaviour.

What I find disgusting about this move of yours is that you are entirely willing to return to an Organization which advocates massive, wholesale chauvinism. You are telling us that you are willing to be ruled over by MEN who you CANNOT question (it's unscriptural, don'tchaknow). Didn't you learn your lesson the first time? Maybe you will think about the people of JW.COM (hopefully me too, although this post is probably going to convince you that I hate you, judging by what you've said to others in this and other threads) when you have to wear a shawl on your head in order to lead a field service group when there are no guys around. Lovely.

NOT ONLY are you becoming a slave to men, and becoming unable to question the very FACT that you are going to be a slave to any man who decides to boss you around, you are also going to be willingly admitting that you are a SLAVE to the BOrganization when you get baptized.

Oh, and I was under the impression that you weren't allowed to do dope before you got baptized. Did you get some "New Light" or something about that? *LOL*

Rebelling against the world? Why are you rebelling against the very people you socialized so exceedingly well with barely two weeks ago? (BTW, thx for that hilarious post Abbadon, that picture will forever remain in my mind!)

The way I see it, there's one of 2 things happening here:

1. You are trolling, and you know it.
    2. You are actually sincere and want to be baptized.

#1 seems much more likely to me...considering your past history on this board, the fact that you are STILL BLOODY WELL HERE, and the cumulative words you've posted on this and other threads with related topics.

You'll see me at your baptism party. Oh, hang on, Dubs don't party, do they? Bet you'll play the Bible card game! AHAHA! Welcome to a depraved, monochrome life if you do get baptized. Hopefully the second time around nobody will DIE because of your actions. What if you have kids and they need a blood transfusion? HMMMM? Are you willing to sacrifice them to the dubious (no, not dubious, blatantly false would be a better word) doctrines of the WTBTS? Let's hope the week your kid is dying of luekemia (SP?) and needs a blood transfusion they'll have changed their doctrine to allow sufficient blood fractions for the poor child to survive. Don't you just love having the lives of your kids depend on a policy change by a GOVERNING BODY???? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

OK, now I'm just getting upset. I'm going to stop typing RIGHT NOW.

I don't believe in God, but I sure as hell hope he gives you a hand here if he does exist!

Note to self: Stop feeding the trolls....SOON!

Violet, I don't see you as any less of a person at this point. I'm just really sad that such an apparently intelligent person can make such an incredibly bad decision. If you do decide to go back, you'll be a disgrace to every woman here, damnit. Hope you've got your shackles and field service bag ready. Oh, and get a lobotomy, you're gonna need it so you don't get bored in the endless meetings, the hardcore FS, and of course, the Conventions.

Whatever you do, honey, do what you feel is right, but I hope like hell you research your chosen religion. Thoroughly.

Didn't I say I was going to stop typing just now?

During a code review, when I asked why there was not a comment in 240,000 lines of code which was getting handed to me for maintenance, the programmer replied, "I'm terse."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit